Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Winners Project 52 - 4 - Weeks 51 and 52 Subject - Clouds
Posted By: tsakatsaka, 11-05-2012, 01:55 PM

First of all I have to thank photolady for all the effort. It's great to hear that Noel is taking over the project
Now to this year last one it was a two weeks project and there are few outstanding entries. Thank you all for participating

ramseybuckeye Every cloud should have a silver lining. Great sky in a place I wish I was living in.
Tamia Amazing cloud patterns in this shot. Birds and light are adding a stunning dramatic aura
Runegutt123 fantastic b/w and amazing sunburst! Love the composition although I would crop the upper right tree
noelcmn The colors are fantastic I wish there was a little extra light reflection
Bramela the layers of color are stunning so I wish there was more sky in your shot
captureit love the trees sticking up here and there and the warm colors
tessfully if you'd decided to crop land strip at the lower left corner I could choose it for my windows wallpaper. I love the vibrant colors
lukulele the sky is on fire absolutely outstanding colors
Arn Wow It's like a wall cloud. I like the light between the cloud and the roofs
jmschrei the lines and the composition is great but selective color makes the bridge the point of interest and not the clouds IMHO
wtlwdwgn This is a wonderful irisated cloud! I've seen it but never been able to capture it.

The last 2 were a little late but if it's ok for me
As you can understand my choices are rather subjective as I liked most of the photos. So

3nd place Tess

2nd place Tamia

and winner is lukulele and the burning sky

Views: 1,350
11-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Amazing Sky lukulele! Congrats on the win! Congrats on 2nd Tamia, wonderful photo! Thanks for judging George and the nod for third. I actually took several versions of the scene, and only one with the strip of beach. There were many very cool photos in the challenge. I look forward to this weeks

oh, and I am very happy to hear Noel is taking over Project 52. And, thank you photolady for a year of weekly inspiration.
11-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #3
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Congrats to lukulele, Tamia and Tess - all great photos - and thanks for the judging, George. Well done all!
11-06-2012, 10:29 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Wow! Thanks Tsakatsaka for judging and all for entering. To Tess, Tamia and all the PF members, thanks for the continuing challenge to keep up with your amazing talents.

11-07-2012, 05:52 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Lukulele and Tess! Thanks so much for 2nd, George, and for judging. Nice to see all the other entries with lovely examples of the topic.

Mar, a huge THANKS for guiding us all through P52 this last year. Your patience and steadfast determination are much admired and appreciated. It's never easy to take on such a commitment, and you did it with aplomb.

Noel, thank you for taking the reins for the coming year. I look forward to participating as often as I can.
11-07-2012, 07:08 AM   #6
smf
Pentaxian

Congratulations to all and thanks to all.
11-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Lukulele, Tamia and Tess. Beautiful stuff. Thanks for judging George, and your comments are appreciated.
I am very encouraged to see so many entries on this one. And I hope that there will be equally many entries when the Project 52-5 starts in the New Year or even more entries. There have been a lot of newcomers to the Forum, and hopefully they will be attracted to this project. It's such fun and a real learning curve.

Tess, I don't think there will be anymore this year , unless Mar (Photolady) comes up with some that we've skipped.

Thanks for all your encouragement-have no idea what I am letting myself in for-but what the heck-if I'm gonna have some blunders in life, may as well have it here on PF. Look forward to the challenge.

11-07-2012, 09:14 PM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tamia Quote
Mar, a huge THANKS for guiding us all through P52 this last year. Your patience and steadfast determination are much admired and appreciated. It's never easy to take on such a commitment, and you did it with aplomb.
Thanks Tamia.

Though the new one usually started right after the old year, I think it would be better to wait for January before starting a new Project 52. This will give everyone a rest with time to enjoy their family during the holidays upcoming.

Congrats to this week's winners!
11-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Congrats to Lukulele, Tamia and Tess. Lovely images.
I have not participated in P-52 for awhile. Time has been taken from me for my photographic interests.
Still, I wanted to thank Mar for a job well done during the last year at the helm of this great weekly challenge.