Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

For the Week of Jan 6th - 12th
Posted By: Parallax, 01-06-2013, 06:48 AM

--- Rules ---
Contest will end at Midnight, January 6th GMT-6.

The object of this game is to come up with the most humorous, thoughtful, original caption for the displayed photo that will collect the highest number of 'likes.'

Submissions can be of any type - caption, limerick, de-movitational, poem, speech - whatever inspires you to write something for the photo.
Contestants may submit more than one entry but it must be in a separate post .

Important: whether you submit an entry or not, please 'like' any posts you feel deserve it!

Thread starter is the moderator and they must post their own original photo at the start of the thread.
Respondents have 1 week to submit their entries, after which time the number of 'likes' will be totaled to determine a winner.
In case of a tie the thread starter must choose their favorite to break the tie.

The winner of that contest will be notified by PM by the current contest host and will become responsible for posting the next original work to be captioned.
In the event the winner does not feel they have content they can use for the contest or for any reason they can decline via PM to the host and the second most liked entrant will be designated to host the contest.

Last edited by Parallax; 08-21-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Views: 1,912
01-16-2013, 08:44 AM   #16
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Really? I voted for Checking..............jono and he voted for me, so maybe we should each submit half an image for the next contest? Either that or we still need to rustle up some more votes

01-16-2013, 10:51 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It is Parallax' call MSL. He gets to choose in case of tie so you are it! The half-image is an intriguing idea, however. Besides, I tried to vote for you a second time, but it wasn't permitted. I have always subscribed to the "vote early and vote often" style of election.
01-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #18
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Checking...jono Quote
He gets to choose in case of tie so you are it!
When you the "paparazzi" outside your window don't worry. It's only me, finding an ideal image for the next caption contest.

I'll try to get something up soon!
01-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #19
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Checking...jono Quote
It is Parallax' call MSL. He gets to choose in case of tie so you are it!
In all honesty, it was a coin toss. Literally.

01-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Did I miss the next installment? Can't find it.
01-20-2013, 01:21 PM   #21
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nope, There was a reasons I tried to duck being a winner. I knew it was going to take time to dig out an image, and time wasn't something I had when this contest actually closed (which in itself was a few days late). Hopefully I'll get it up today.
01-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #22
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The new contest is up. I took a risk with a different sort of image from the norm that this contest has seen, but I'm hoping there will still be a wide range of entries.