Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Weekly Challenge #47 - Winners
Posted By: xs400, 02-26-2008, 11:07 PM

This was the first time I have have judged a photo contest. It has been a very challenging and rewarding experience.
There were many excellent entries. I've actually learned a lot from this. Hopefully everyone will be satisfied with my decision.

Honourable mentions.
In no particular order.

I like this picture, the trees and the walkway guide you to the vanishing point, but I find the people on the walkway distract from the focal point of the photo.

Excellent shot, good lighting and perspective, but as the jshurak said, "In retrospect, I would have chosen a smaller aperture."
I also think a smaller aperature would have helped.

Very nice. Good color and I like the way the pipes fill the bottom of the shot.
I would have cropped the top just above the end of the pipes, this would eliminate the distracting elements of the shot.

Another good one. I like the lighting and the B&W conversion.

I also like this one. The only thing is the graffiti on the first boxcar distracts from the focal point of the shot.

Last edited by xs400; 02-26-2008 at 11:13 PM.
Views: 4,038
02-28-2008, 12:25 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations Jester_rm. A mighty fine photo to win! Now you get the pleasure of bragging rights, and the agony of choosing the winners in the challenge YOU run.

This challenge brought out a wonderful selection of eye candy for the theme. Very well done to all!

And to show how much I have to learn...I actually worked to compose that graffiti on the train into the shot. I don't know why now, after Frank pointed it out as a distraction. I can see your point Frank. So much to learn. Thank you for the critique and the HM Frank!

02-29-2008, 06:07 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
a totally excellent series of photographs by everyone. I had a picture in mind for this challenge, but I haven't had much time to power up the computer let alone post anything.

Congrats to Jester_rm that's a gorgeous photo.
03-01-2008, 02:18 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by xs400 Quote
Finalists.

This ia a great shot. Good color, perspective and vantage point.
You get extra points for sitting on the floor to get this shot.
I wish the person in the center of the vanishing point was not there.

Wow, my humble attempt is a Finalist in a very challenging Challenge! I am honoured to be included with these others... Thanks much

Jim

Great shot with good symmetry and simplicity. Nice balance in the shot.
I like the mood and how the walkway just disappears into the fog.
Nice B&W conversion.
Congratulations to Jester_rm.
The line of 4-legged long-tailed rodents with an urge to show off their rhythm is formed up over yonder, Looks like they're doing a Conga-line!