Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Winner Dramatic Angles
Posted By: casil403, 03-05-2013, 06:30 PM

Wow..so many great interpretations of this weeks subject. You all made my job very difficult to pick just one winner. Thanks to all who entered!

So with that, my top 3 go out to:
3. Clou: the angle here makes for a great abstract shot! Well done!

2. Joe: I know this building (go by it every morning on my way to work) and the angle caught here alone with the cloud detail are fabulous!

And this weeks top spot (and the subject chooser/judge for the next challenge) goes out to

Douge: The dramatic angle works so well here adding depth and interest to the photo.

Congrats and thanks to everyone again! Looking forward to the next weekly challenge!
Views: 1,482
03-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations to douge on winning with such a great shot - I really liked that photo too. Also, well done to jmschrei and clou on their photos as well. Thanks for an interesting challenge casil403!
03-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations Douge. What an awesome shot but you must have been quite the sight getting into the right angle to capture that perspective of a swing! Congrats also to Michael (Clou) and thanks to Lisa for second place. This challenge certainly offered the opportunity to explore many interesting angles!
03-06-2013, 12:08 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Douge, what a fine image and as Lisa said, enough there to keep the interest at high peak. I'm tempted to ask "Where is the kid?" Good idea and perfectly executed.
Congratualtions too Joe, I continue to be inspired by your b/w. As Lisa hinted, you take what is familiar and ordinary, and turn it into something awesome. Great stuff.
And Clou, I love that shot. I want to get there, that very spot and take a shot like that of my own. Lots of dramatic angles.
Thanks Lisa for a very interesting challenge, and for judging. Tough one, as most of these weekly challenges are.
Now to get to a Chiropodist, to get the rid of all the neck cranking after effects, and hopefully something more sedate from Douge.

03-06-2013, 07:43 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Congrats to Douge on the win and to Joe and Clou for their fine entries. Good subject Lisa.
03-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats Douge! and Joe and Clou too. Good photos all! Good subject Lisa.
03-08-2013, 07:16 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

First of all a special thanks to Lisa for a GREAT theme and excellent judging with a difficult field of so many excellent entries. Congrats to Douge, Joe and Clou.

NaCl(looking forward to the next theme)H2O

03-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Doug, Joe, and Clou -- terrific interpretations of Lisa's excellent choice for theme. Thanks Lisa!
03-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
We'll give Douge until Monday to start a new challenge and then Joe (jmshrei) can take over...sounds good?
03-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Wow! I didn't think I would win, this is a surprise Thank you Lisa for judging. And well done Joe, Clou and everyone! Such interesting and striking pictures. I really enjoyed this theme Lisa. Thanks all for your kind comments.

I actually had to dig down into the snow under the swing to get more room. I can only imaging what people would think if they saw me! hahaha.

Thanks to Joe for covering for me.

Last edited by Douge; 03-12-2013 at 10:51 AM.
03-10-2013, 01:17 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Lisa - thanks for the theme and for judging. Congrats to Doug and Joe and everybody for their great entries.