Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
WINNERS - P52-5-13 Light — Backlight/Contre-jour
Posted By: noelcmn, 03-12-2013, 01:32 PM

My apologies for this late post.
What a tough job, despite that there are so few entries. All fit the criteria, and all are in my humble opinion winners. Backlight photography is quite difficult in my experience, overexposed and underexposed are always the risk. So I appreciate the effort put into it here. My choice of a winner is:

Tessfully, a wonderful crisp shot, in both senses of the word. Just love the sense that some sunshine is coming through, with the hope and expectation that it will change all that is "wrong" like the ice, and enhance all that is right- the greenery. Personally, I would have removed the few leaves on the bottom left, but that is a personal choice. Great Shot Tess.

CONGRATULATIONS TESS.
Views: 973
03-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you Noel! It was a great line-up and I am honoured to be selected. Now that you mention it I can see those bottom leaves are distracting.

Thanks for judging Noel... And, Thank you to everyone who enters these challenges... I look forward to each week's new subject.
03-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations on your win, Tess! I love the crisp luminance here and wondered how in the world you managed to achieve it with the spruce(?) tips. I've never seen anything frozen in water lit so. Nice job! Thanks for judging, Noel. It's always a difficult job and, in some ways, worse when there aren't a lot of pictures. So like Tess, I thank everyone who entered.

Has the new P52 been announced? Anyone know?
03-13-2013, 02:45 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Not seen anything. Maybe Tsukiouji wanted this extended by a week?? I'm sure it will be posted shortly.
Have a great day everyone!

03-13-2013, 04:05 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well done Tess, that's a really cool shot, no pun intended!
03-14-2013, 03:21 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Maybe Tsukiouji wanted this extended by a week?? I'm sure it will be posted shortly.
Ah, I should have announced that more clearly, my fault.
Anyway, I like the way it went. Noel, thank you for the judging, and congratulations Joe, Tom and Tamia on overcoming the given not so easy theme. Congratulations on the win, Tess, splendid picture!

Last edited by Tsukiouji; 03-14-2013 at 03:34 AM.