Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Winner-P52-5-17 Curves
Posted By: Maria27, 04-15-2013, 07:08 AM

Hi everyone,
I feel very lucky to get to judge this challenge, being a newbie. So thanks to all who entered. Well done

Tamia- Great composition and body position of the bird...but felt the bird blended in a little too much with background.

Noelcmn- Love the light and shadow contrast on the plant, I think it could have been more dramatic cropping it to bring more focus on those two main fronds.

Bill2849- Cool abstract, love the curve. I think it could benefit with sharpening that curve line and perhaps more contrast, its almost Yin-Yang.

Tsukiouji- Lovely curve lines in the legs and hand..but maybe a little too close. I would have like to have seen the line in the other leg, bit more foreground..I feel like the knee is too big.

2nd place- Tess...excellent macro, I really loved the perspective and the shape of the petals really popped against the black background.

Winner- Congrats SJM! I chose this image because I thought it was a very creative and clever way to show curves. I loved the use of reflection to create the 'S' and figure '8' vertical, diagonal and horizontal. The more I looked at it the more curves I saw.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 983
04-16-2013, 05:16 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations SJM. That is a stunning photograph and a worthy winner. Just love that reflection, well thought out and equally well executed. Congrats too to Tess. And a hearty thanks to you Maria27 for constructive comments, that despite being newbie, show competancy and fairness.
Incidently, I do have a more cropped image, but i preferred to show the context of the fronds, not just sthe fronds.
04-16-2013, 06:00 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Thanks for judging Maria, and congratulation Sue (SJM) ... that is a super image.

This weeks challenge has me spinning in empty spaces.
04-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Thanks for judging Maria, and congratulation Sue (SJM) ... that is a super image.

This weeks challenge has me spinning in empty spaces.
Me too.

04-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #5
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for your kind comments, Noelcm.

I'm also racking my brain over this next challenge, but I'm enjoying these projects and very happy to have found the forum.

04-17-2013, 08:47 AM   #6
SJM
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Congratulations SJM. That is a stunning photograph and a worthy winner. Just love that reflection, well thought out and equally well executed. Congrats too to Tess. And a hearty thanks to you Maria27 for constructive comments, that despite being newbie, show competancy and fairness.
Incidently, I do have a more cropped image, but i preferred to show the context of the fronds, not just sthe fronds.
Thanks Noel..
04-17-2013, 08:49 AM   #7
SJM
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Thanks Maria.. good luck to all on the weeks challenge. !!

04-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well done Sue (SJM), for a unique and intriguing photo! Congrats to Tess, also, for your lovely shot. Maria you did a fantastic job -- thanks!