Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Weekly Challenge #48 - Winners
Posted By: Jester_rm, 03-06-2008, 06:49 PM

Sorry it took so long to do this, picking just one was pretty darn hard, and if I didn’t mention anyone specifically, don’t feel bad…there were some gorgeous photos this time, but I had to narrow it down to at least a few. I’ve got some Honorable Mention, some Runners Up, and one Big Winner. For some of the almost-but-not-quite winners I’ve got a few comments that (hopefully) will make sense.

This is the first real contest that I’ve ever judged, although I do look at and select a large number of photos in my job. Hopefully I can explain just *why* I ended up liking what I liked. For space I’m only going to repost the runners up and the winner, the rest are in the contest thread here:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/mini-challenges-games/21671-weekly-challenge-48-reflection.html

Honorable Mention

In no particular order…

Fritz: One of my wife’s favorite, great composition, beautiful color…just wish the reflection were a little stronger, and a little more room at the bottom to frame the reflection a little.

Peter Zack: Love the simplicity, beautiful shot.

Paden501: The only thing I’d say is that I’d like to have more detail in the boat, but I’m not even sure that’s possible in this type of shot. It’s beautiful.

Gooshin: Very cool shot. I may have been influenced by the fact that Kirill looks like an old ex-roommate that skipped-out owing me quite a tidy sum…

Ed in GA: Beautiful job, I wish the water/wind were a little calmer so the reflections could have been clearer.

Gawan: Love this shot, the water is just a little too rippled for my taste.

Finn: Too cute for words. Absolutely love the expression
Views: 4,184
03-07-2008, 10:05 AM   #16

Thanks!

Thanks for the mention, the comments and the critique! Congrats to Schmikey!

03-07-2008, 02:36 PM   #17
SouthShoreRob

Thanks for the shout-out. Your advice is well taken.

Rob
03-08-2008, 05:48 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congrats to all the winners! Good stuff overflows from this thread...
03-08-2008, 06:20 AM   #19
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great stuff everyone. These weekly's are getting very good and tougher to judge every time. Congrats to the winner, runners up and hon mentions. I would've picked that one as well Schmikey.

03-09-2008, 05:41 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks Jester for all the hard work judging! And congratulations to schmikey and all the other runners up and HM's. I agree with Peter above that the entries are getting better and better.

NaCl(I feel honored to be in such good company)H2O