Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Weekly Challenge# 49 - Tranquility
Posted By: schmikey, 03-07-2008, 10:31 AM

I am very excited and honoured to be 'hosting' this challenge.

After much thought I decided that 'Tranquility' will be the topic this week. We all lead such hectic lives and its important to stop occasionally and experience a tranquil moment! Photos submitted should be your representation of tranquility or a tranquil moment...

Here's an example of one I took in New York City last June... (I'm glad it's not being 'judged'!)

Have fun finding that special photo of a tranquil moment! I'm looking forward to seeing wonderful submissions

Entries for this challenge are to be submitted by midnight EST, Thursday March 13th - with results announced on Friday March 14th.

The rules are as always:

The rules:
1. Post ONE photo (max 800x800) as a response to THIS post.
2. The photo must portray an interpretation of the theme. It can be colour or B&W, your choice.
3. You can offer as much or as little additional information as you wish, but I'd be interested to know the location/event/whatever being depicted.
4. The challenge is interactive. Any response is welcome.
5. The judge will pick the WINNERS and chose 1 of them to be the judge for the next week.
6. The challenge runs for 7 days plus a day for the judge to choose the winners.
7. Any camera will do but it must be a Pentax. Just use any camera you want. No discriminating anyone as long as the shooter is an active member here.

Previous Challenge Subjects:
1-Statues, 2-Wheels, 3-Speed, 4-Peace, 5-Survival, 6-Macro, 7-Mountains, 8-Children, 9-Post Processing, 10- Windows & Doors, 11-Sport, 12-Urban Landscape, 13-Wisdom, 14-Power, 15-Music, 16-Pathways, 17-Lines, 18-Storm, 19-Boats, 20-Water, 21 - Golden Hour, 22 - Natural Lighting, Portraits, 23- Motion Blur, 24-Simplicity, 25-Color, 26-Cars, 27-Repetition, 28-Wildlife, 29-Epiphany, 30-Contrast, 31-Pets, 32-Landscapes, 33-Coastal, 34-Churches, 35-Bridges, 36-Creation, 37-Still LIfe: Food, 38-At the Zoo, 39-Wide Aperture, 40-Merry Christmas, 41- Sunsets, 42-Action, 43-Fireworks, 44-Manipulated Light Portraits, 45- Advertising/Product Shot, 46- B&W Street Shooting, people/buildings, 47- Vanishing Point, 48 - Reflection

Good luck everyone!

Mike
Views: 7,690
03-11-2008, 07:22 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Falling Snow..

WOW.... There are a lot of entries this week.. HOLY COW!!

One thing that represents tranquilty to me is the silence of falling snow.. When everything is so quiet you can almost hear it touch the ground... It can be very magical at times.. .

03-11-2008, 09:18 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Well you can't just say "just a few minuets before this i shot an ufo picture..." and then leave us hanging. Let's see it; not here but in the Post Your Photos forum......Truth is ' Working"...i tried posting it three times and for whatever reason it kept hanging up in the upload stage.....perhaps i will try again now.........note verticle shape, also barely visible wisp to the left of the object, and glow on ground below object......mufon was impressed enough to include it on their web site......my fourth sighting.......1st pic.
Attached Images

03-12-2008, 10:38 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
First photo taken with my K100D and DA 18-55mm lens at only 1.5MP as a 16MB Canon card was left in the camera when I bought it - I didn't even know how to check the image settings at the time. Snapped this pic on my way home from the gym. The blur on the water is mist rising.

03-13-2008, 08:19 AM   #49

Original Poster
Just a reminder that we're in the home stretch - the deadline for this week's mini challenge - Tranquility - is Midnight EST tonight.

There are many, many great entries - a tough one to judge...

03-14-2008, 07:11 PM   #50

Original Poster
I won't finish the judging today... but will definitely post the results tomorrow!