Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
#243 WIRED Winners
Posted By: Jools, 05-13-2013, 10:01 PM

Well, so happy we got this many entries for this challenge. And sorry for the delay, but Life got in the way of PF.
From my viewpoint, some interesting interpretations, I was surprised nobody came up with something relating to the internet or the computing world..
I thank you all for participating. Really, viewing all the possibilities you have offered makes a difference in my life.

Now to comment and judge.

@Alkazalsir: Lovely image. Sugar rush thought I, yeah the energy of youth. I would agree he was wired after that bountiful.

@NaClH20: Grand image of an icon of New York City, great leading lines and composition. Wires galore. And yeah, the Zenitar is a great tool as you have shown.

@atupdate: Really like the light on this captive subject. The fence and position of the animal say it all. I was left with something to think about.

@slowpez: What a find! Nesting on an electrical pole. Wildlife never ceases to awe me. Wired indeed.

@charliezap: Some great colors and simmering background. I was thinking some New Year's Eve celebration but with a twist. Nice image.

@Bramela: Really enjoyed the mood and the lines in this image. The late light really added to this shot.

@casil403: Interesting interpretation of the theme. High key shots are hard to execute and you have done so well with a lovely subject to boot. Bear is in the house.

@Bill2849: What really grabbed me from the get go was your composition and PoV. A seemingly simple foto but in further review giving the viewer a choice of nature and manmade structures. The varying lines from top to bottom interested me a lot.

@Mike L: Again, another lovely PoV. But also the juxtaposing lines and the textures with that indigo background were quite appealing. Nice work. Really enjoyed it.

@Tamia: A seemingly subtle composition but with a lot meaning and mood. Really liked the detail and sense of place. Nicely enjoyed.

@fotogaffer: Another great PoV from my perspective. Fantastic leading lines and the light (time of day) add to the viewer's delight.

@clou: I smiled at your image in appreciation. These seemingly mundane out of the way things make great images; I am fool for them. I saw a face in the box amid all the wires, metal and plastic. Good eye and caption.

@noelcmn: Great to see a macro/closeup of this interpretation. Fantastic color and detail on both the insect and wire. Nicely done.

@Arjay Bee: Love the minimalist approach and certainly the diagonal composition of this image. Spartan in nature with a lot of oomph when all is said and done. Nice one.

And for the hard part, my selections.
Congrats to all participants. You all give wind to these challenges.

Honorable mentions:

Casil403

Tamia

Third Place:
Mike L

Second Place:
Arjay Bee

First Place:
NaClH2o

So Salty, it is up to you in the next go around. Congrats. Look forward to your theme.
Views: 1,291
05-14-2013, 12:40 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My pick for the winner as well. Congrats to NaclH20, Arjay Bee, Mike L, Tamia, and Casil403, all very commendable shots. Also a good judging job Jools. Well done, all.
05-14-2013, 01:37 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I didnt expect that - so a big thank you for the second place gong. I too enjoyed many of the shots in this weeks contest as they were the sorts of shots that I notice and take myself.

Congratulations to NaCl(fisheye)H20 and other participants- I look forward to the next go round.
05-14-2013, 04:12 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well done, Salty! Congratulations to NaclH20, Arjay, Mike L, and Lisa. Thanks much for the HM and especially for a good theme/judging, Jools. Looking forward to what you come up with, Salty.

05-14-2013, 04:19 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Congratulations to Salty and the rest of those that placed. Thanks for hosting Jools.

Tim
05-14-2013, 04:27 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Congratulations to NaCLH20 and all the others that were selected as top finishers. Well done judging and commenting Jools!
05-14-2013, 04:28 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, a hearty congratulations to NaCI(fisheye)H20, I feel positively claustraphobic after that shot-wired in as it were. Great shot! Congratulations too to ArjayBee, MikeL and Tamia. Lovely comp and equally well judged Jools. Thanks to you for your thoughts and insights.
Now its over to NaCI(newcomp)H20. (or should that be NaCI(thisisgonnabeinteresting)H20

05-14-2013, 05:43 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow! I didn't expect this. Especially with so many other wonderful entries. Congratulations to Arjay, MikeL Tamia and Lisa, lovely shots all. A special thanks to Jools for the great theme and the fantastic (ahem!) judging! I'm a bit swamped at work atm, but I will come up with a theme by tonite.

NaCl(surprised and flattered)H2O
05-14-2013, 05:54 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Congrats SAlty...great choice Jools and thanks for the kind words on my entry!
05-14-2013, 07:07 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Congratulations Salty. Great entry and a well-deserved win. Congrats also to Arjay, Mike L, Tamia and Lisa. Great job in choosing a subject Jools and judging. Looking forward to the next one.
05-14-2013, 09:43 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Great job on the judging Jools, congratulations to Salty.