Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
P52-5-21 Subject Still Life - WINNER
Posted By: tessfully, 05-28-2013, 04:04 AM

Thanks to everyone who entered and to Tsukiouji for the classic subject. I enjoyed all the entries immensely.

OrchidJulie - A lovely shot, great composition, perfect lighting, nice Beaujolais

Norman - Very nice subject and the lighting is beautiful.

mtux - I love the horizontal and vertical lines in this image, the bokeh is perfect for the shot and the reflection in the wine glass works so well in the overall composition.

Tamia - I really enjoyed seeing your rocks and shell collection! The lighting is perfect and the tree in the background adds a special touch of colour.

Patrick9 - Very nice composition and such warm golden light to compliment the scene. I like the book in there...the title in red "Whole Truth" adds interest to the shot.

Maria - You absolutely nailed this one for humour and cleverness. Love the revamping of the cliched still life fruit shot and to select dinosaurs is such a fun twist. The lighting and vignetting is very nice and the composition is great.

Noel... I think your shot is gorgeous and your take of still life --- still alive and stuck to a wall --- is clever and uniquely you.

Tsukiouji - Very classy shot I truly appreciate! Love the flow and curves of the drapes, and the juxtaposition of textures. Gorgeous lighting too. All to highlight the beauty and specialness of an oft stepped upon daisy.

Okay --- drum roll --- I keep going back and forth on which one to select so will let humour win the day. Thanks again everyone.

Maria

"New-Age Carnivores"

Views: 1,007
05-28-2013, 06:28 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I loved it! Congratulations, well done!
05-28-2013, 08:30 AM   #3
SJM
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Congratulations Maria.. that is great. love the humor. good job!!!
05-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I also love it! Congrats Maria. Thanks for judging and all your positive comments Tess. Not a word of criticism, which makes this forum and this weekly challenge so wonderful. You have a unique gift of a photographers eye, to see the beauty that others see!

05-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #5
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Thank you very much Tess! and thanks for taking the time to judge and give such great feedback! I'm chuffed
Thanks to Tsukioji for the subject..it really made me step outside of my comfort box and I'm glad everyone got a giggle out of it
...though my son was not impressed that I was trying to get his carnivores to eat fruit!
I look forward to seeing some great entries in this weeks challenge, but I think it'll be a hard one to judge ...who doesn't love a sunrise/sunset shot
Good luck!!
05-28-2013, 07:28 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Maria for your imaginative and amusing still life photograph! Well done judging, Tess. Thanks!
05-28-2013, 07:42 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congrats Maria, cool pic! Well done Tess, my mind went numb trying to get a subject for this one.

05-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Maria.
05-29-2013, 07:50 AM   #9
smf
Pentaxian

Congratulations! Somehow I overlooked this competition.