Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Winners - P52-5-25: Colour — Ton-sur-ton/One Colour
Posted By: ramseybuckeye, 06-24-2013, 07:16 PM

Although there were few entries, this is difficult, they are all good. I'm not sure I am qualified to judge this, since I not sure I could properly pronounce Ton-sur-ton.

Maria27: Nice use of the crystals, I'm pretty sure my wife would buy this if the right shade she wanted was in there, you could sell this. I think you hit the theme very well here.

tessfully: Very creative tree photo, this also hits the theme, this would be a great wallpaper (computer background type) <also see below>

Tamia: ditto -
It's unusual that two of my favorite photographers came up with the same idea. Both you and Tess are great nature photographers, but you both have your own styles, I guess this is where style merge.

jmschrei: Joe, another tree idea but a little different that you've included a variety of greens using more trees. I do like the high contrasty greens.

patrick9: I think I would further categorize this as Ton-sur-ton abstract, you just show enough of the roof and water to make it kind of sinister like. It truly has a cold feeling!

noelcmn: I agree with you of the desolate look of this. You have captured that essence very well Noel and it really fits the category.

iabc_lazy: Either through knowing this truck was going to show up and waiting for hours, or a good photoshop job, or being incredibly luck it all came together for you here. I find it almost humorous and it really nails the theme for me.

Thanks to all who entered, an excellent job by all on what I think is a difficult challenge.

Here's my results:
Honorable Mention:Maria27:

And the winning entry by iabc_lazy

Views: 1,290
06-24-2013, 07:49 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations iabc _ lazy and maria27
06-24-2013, 11:28 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats iabc_lazy, great spotting there
Thanks ramsey for the HM and kind comments!
...on to the next one...

06-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations!

06-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Iabc_lazy. Fabulous picture, and I just knew this would be the winner. And Congrats Maria27 too. Lovely colours on that shot of yours. Thanks Tom for judging, you are right, this is more difficult than it seems.
Great job everyone, and glad to see Project 52 attracting more entries.
06-26-2013, 04:13 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great shot, iabc_lazy -- congratulations to you, and to Maria as well for your beautiful crystals. Thanks much for judging, Tom, and also for your kind words. The entries were all a treat to see, and this was not an easy assignment. Well done all.
07-01-2013, 04:06 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Thank you Tom for judging this challenge and for your wonderful comments. Congrats iabc_lazy, that is a very cool shot. Congrats Maria as runner up and to everyone who entered the challenge. I enjoy this theme very much.

07-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #8
Forum Member

Thanks guys!

I think this was first time, when i saw this type of truck at embankment O_o i'll bet it was really hard to get it there. Streets are just so narrow around.