Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread

July 25 - 31
Posted By: Tako Kichi, 07-25-2013, 09:35 AM

Caption Contest

The object of this Challenge is to come up with the most humorous or thoughtful original caption for the displayed photo(s) that will collect the highest number of “likes”.

The Rules:

Submissions can be in any written form (no video or audio files) - caption, limerick, motivational, poem or prose - whatever inspires you to describe the photo or catch attention.

Contestants may submit more than one entry but it must be in a separate post. Important: whether you submit an entry or not, please “like” any posts you feel deserve it!

The Thread Starter is the moderator and must post an original photo at the start of the thread. Respondents have 1 week to submit entries, after which time the number of “likes” will be totalled to determine a winner.

In case of a tie the Thread Starter will choose one to break the tie. The winner of that contest will be notified by PM by the current Thread Starter/Contest Host and will become responsible for posting the next original work to be Captioned.

The winner for any reason can decline by PM to the Host. Then the second most liked entrant will be designated to Host the Contest and so on. Good luck to all entrants, thank you for entering, Now let the fun begin.

This will run from Thursday July 25 to Wednesday July 31

This shot was taken almost four years ago when our new puppy finally came home. The younger of our two resident cats wasn't sure what to make of this new addition to the family and was very inquisitive but very wary at the same time. I've often wondered what was going through the cat's mind especially as a few seconds after that shot was taken he 'swatted' at the dog with that raised left paw.

Have at it!
Views: 2,315
07-28-2013, 06:37 PM - 1 Like   #16
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How many days do you think it will take before he realizes I'm not interested in a slurping contest.

07-30-2013, 04:43 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Don't forget voting ends tomorrow folks so get your 'likes' (and any new captions) in before then.

We currently have a tie for first place so I may have to use my tie-breaking vote to decide the winner.
07-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Woah!!! That is definitely MY bowl Fido!
07-31-2013, 03:41 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for all the great entries (i enjoyed every one of them) which resulted in a three-way tie for first place between 'nomadkng', 'Alkazalsir' and 'Jessesdad'.

I had to use my tie-breaking vote and after much deliberation I award the win to 'Jessesdad' for post #14 as that just about sums up the pair of them!

The cat still swats the dog on a regular basis (even after four years of living together) and the dog will do anything you ask of it as long as there is food involved!

So it's over to you 'Jessesdad' and congrats on the win.

07-31-2013, 07:54 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cheers Tako, cat and dog psychology remains a fascinating field. New comp up now everyone. Be creative.