Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Winner-Project 52 P52-5-34: Lighting — Reflections
Posted By: noelcmn, 09-02-2013, 11:12 AM

A wonderful array of entries for this Project 52 P52-5-34: Lighting — Reflections comp, and I am so pleased to see that it is drawing more and more entries. Thank you all who entered, and it is a delight to be able to see the different interpretations and techniques here.
Some comments:

Jheu02-Morning stroll- You have set the bar very high with this first entry, a super shot, perfectly captured, and creating a desire to be there and behold it with your own eye. A profound sense of finitude between the stroller and the bridges.

Tessfully-WOW, just when I thought Jheu02 was setting a high bar, along comes Tess with another super shot. Great timing, a keen photographer's eye. Lighting just perfect on this shot. Personally I would have removed the lily leaves- but that also adds to the image, making it all look natural.

Tamia-the best you could do this time? I keep thinking, wonder what you will produce given time and opportunity. Great shot, taking what is often the mundane and making a very pleasing image. I find I am wanting to look at the sky and the surrounding scenery. Plenty there to satisfy my curious eyes.

Neville- Very much appreciate the keen photographers eye here, timing and patience too. Another great shot, and if I had not been there myself, I would be Googling Umfolozi/Hluhluwe Game Reserve.

Tsukiouji-The golden hour- Well spotted. I like the mysteriousness of it.

Patrick9-Kitchen reflections. Another great shot, and appreciation of the photogrpahers eye to see opportunity. My definition of a photographer- One who sees beauty and opportunity everywhere. Very much in evidence here, lovely domestic scene and I like that light coming through on the left. Very homely kitchen scene.

Jmshrei-Shed Window. Funky indeed. And added a wad of interest and a keen photographers eye as described above. Yea, even derelict buildings attract photographers. Super details.

Gareth.lg-The only B/W entry, and my experience (limited as it is) is that B/W do not lend themselves to Reflection shots, as you loose a lot. Not so here. Great shot. And I am not sure what that is, maybe a mobile home/Caravan, but whatever, it evokes pity in me, for whoever lives there. That is to say- it is newsworthy. or if you like, a press photographer in the making.

All the entries are true to theme, but there can be only one winner.

And it is Tessfully, and I may add only just pipping Jheu. The difference is the action in the shot. Tess, give your hound a hug, and a doggie bone too

Views: 1,113
09-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations Tess on the win and to all the other participants on such great shots . Thank you Noelcmn for judging this weeks challenge, and the kind words.
09-03-2013, 07:42 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats also Tess, great shot. As they say, "timing is everything" but this is also sharp and well composed. Thanks for the kind comments and judging Noel.
09-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I was contemplating joining until I saw Tess's photo and I said to self, self forget it, she's already won. Congrats Tess, nicely done.

09-04-2013, 05:29 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Thank you so much Noel! Tripper really enjoyed that doggie bone and big hug. And thanks for the nice comments everyone. (Happy to be back Tamia, still busy till October, but mostly back )