Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Winners-Weekly Challenge #259 "Now that's a different look"
Posted By: charliezap, 10-04-2013, 07:25 AM

Thanks to all who participated in the Challenge.You didn't make it easy for me to judge the out come but here they are.

It was close between daacon's and Jool's photo but every time I looked at Dave's I laughed.The expression is priceless with his "Dr.Phil" look going for him.The shot also reminded me of my refrigerator shot that I used as an example for the Challenge.

Jool's photo is certainly "different" and has an abstract quality to it that I liked.I even looked at it in mirror image so that I could read the writing on the container.Please let me know how you took that shot.

Neville's shot has that picture in a picture look to it that I kept coming back to.Nicely done Neville.
Name:  pentax contest-winners.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  127.6 KB

K David's shot--"Striking"--A very good creation.

Scratchpaddy--A "different" look to be sure.Focus and expression on the dog is spot on.

rbefly--The blur of the riders adds to that fine shot.Nicely captured.

Bramela--All the elements are there for a "different" look that is pleasing to view.

ATTACH]189882[/ATTACH]

Once again thanks to all for participating in this "Different" challenge.Looking forward to seeing what Dave has up his sleeve for the next challenge.----charliezap

Attached Images

Views: 2,159
10-04-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is an awesome layout Charlie! Thanks for judging Congrats Dave, Jools and Neville.... great shots indeed. And congrats to the HMs.

Cannot wait to see what Dave comes up with for next week.
10-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Hey Charlie, thanks for the great theme, hosting and judging. I greatly enjoyed ALLthe entries. I have always enjoyed the "different look".
Thanks for the 2nd place.
Congrats to daacon (that image is a keeper, man), Neville (love the juxtaposition of subject matter and framing), and to the HMs: K David, Scratchpaddy, rbefly, Bramela (Well done to all)
Kudos to all who entered. Lovely images.

@Charliezap, I took this image for the initial launch of the monthly Single in....challenges here on PentaxForums. I was testing out my newly acquired used Zenitar FE (another PF marketplace purchase ).
Anyways, I simply cut out the bottom of a 1/2 gallon of milk and pointed the camera upwards to the spout. Exposure and the rest was a matter of a little experimentation. To me, this version is a better post processed image (after a few years of PP practice) than my original upload. Glad you liked it.

BTW, Go Red Sox this fall!

Last edited by Jools; 10-04-2013 at 08:18 AM.
10-04-2013, 08:58 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wow who would have thought thanks (I think ??) for first place I would like to thank the following people ................. Congrats to all and I am a also most curious as to how Jool pulled that off. So many great entries. I will ponder for a bit today and come up with something hopefully as fun as this one was.

10-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Congrats to daacon on winning this challenge and to jools and neville on 2nd and 3rd place. Congrats to all the HMs too. Fun challenge Charlie. Well done on the presentation of the winners and hms too. Great job!
10-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats Dave for a truly imaginative photo. And grats to Jools (ditto!) and Neville, as well as the HMs. Thanks for the challenge, Charlie. A fun one!
10-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Congratulations!

Thanks Charlie for running a fun and unusual contest theme. Congratulations to Dave and all the entrants, good imagination shown here!
Ron

10-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I got an honorable mention! That absolutely made my night. I agree both first and second were the best photos in the challenge.
10-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Wow, I am honoured to get third place in the challenge! Congrats to the first and second places.
10-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats to Dave, Jools, Noel, and etc. Good job Charlie. I really liked that entry Dave, very unusual but also entertaining.