Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Weekly Challenge Winners: BLUE #263
Posted By: Jools, 11-10-2013, 12:48 PM

Well, I knew I was in for a long judging session when I came up with this week’s challenge theme. Y’all showcased some marvelous interpretations. I went underwater, up close and faraway with your blue images. Made for a great visual trip. Kudos to all.

I also apologize for the delay in posting the winners but I have been through another long hectic work week and needed to sleep in on my only day off. In addition, I wanted to make sure I commented on every image because everyone took the time to post their pictures.

Anyways here we go with my quickfire comments:

charliezap: Great macro; crisp and love the complementary colors. The blue of the morning glories really shine.

daacon: Lovely landscape and composition. Love the bluis skies at this time of year as we welcome old man winter.

slowpez: I am a fanatic of glass and this image really is marvelous. The blue on the top and the “shades” of blue in the glass piece are a real delight.

Tamia: I can feel the water flowing in this image. The blue movement reminds of flowing silver. Nice one!

tessfully: I am assuming this is ice. Lovely closeup with detail and some delicious blue. Fantastic.

atupdate: Love you conversion and creativity with everyday objects. Blue tomatoes, they do exist.

patrick9: I recognize Studebaker but not a Lark. I am not a car buff but I recognize a nicely framed image. That is a nice blue on the car.

Jheu02: Always enjoy this kind of experimentation. Fiber optic thing, huh? Nice bluish feel to this one.

jmschreď: Grand cityscape of Calgary. Definitely blue and well captured.

Arjay Bee: Man, this is where I would like to be ‘round about now. Beautiful blues and the capture of birds in flight were a delight to view.

tsakatsaka: Delightful range of blues in a precious waterscape. A lot to enjoy in your image.

rbefly: Nice cityscape with a lot of blues. Always interesting to take image after a rainstorm and you’ve done well by my book.

gifthorse: Wow nice shot. Love the stars and the foreground details. Well done.

lukulele: Interesting and grabbing processing of well captured moment in a bike race. Definitely blue in there. Reminds me of sports posters from the 1980s. Good work. BTW, was a criterium or a road race?

fotogaffer : Nice water/landscape. Beautiful blues with a delight light. Nice country.

Workingdog: Delightful flowers and bluish for sure. Nice image.

smf: Grand geometry and pattern capture, Stu. The neon blue really comes through.

K David: Grand composition and a lovely sunset. Gotta love the blue skies.

robjmitchell: Tranquility at its best. Lovely capture. Lotta of blues in a most picturesque country.

Digitalis: Back to the future? Nice capture of the clock tower. Is the lightning a PP addition? Grand none the less.

Casil403: Feels like a dandelion spore dancing in the wind, Lisa. Like the composition and the blues.

sealonSF: Great collection of fishing nets you’ve captured. Love the blue hues.

StephenHampshire: Like your processing of a well captured seascape. I like it.

mecrox: Like the blue jacket and all the facial expressions captured in this image.

ramseyebuckeye: Carnival bluish atmosphere here. Great capture with the twirly Ferris wheel and moon.

NaClH2O: Salty, love this macro. Like the detail and the blue hues.

hoopontoast: Gotta love a blue tractor. Nicely captured.

neolcmn: Drops of blue indeed. Lovely flower closeup. Grand detail and color.

bucfan1234: Wow underwater we go. A blue octopus. Nicely captured. Like the detail in the eyes you captured.

SpecialK: I always enjoy this image. That is at the Griffith Observatory in LA, right? A special place. Like the shades on the statue, the blue sky and the faint moon in the background. Nice one.

Chris Hewgill: Wow another great effort. Like the split image. Underwater and above. Lovely blues all around. Another place I would like to be just about now. Nice one.

Well the HMs and winners are:
noelcmn

ramseybuckeye

smf

slowpez

3rd Place
tsakatsaka

2nd Place
Tamia

1st Place
mecrox

As the winner Mark, we look forward to your theme for the next challenge.

It has been fun. Julio.
Views: 1,717
11-10-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations Mark (Mecrox), that's a stunning moment captured to perfection. So expressive, can't escape that he is feeling BLUE, never mind that he has a suit to match the mood. Is that from a court case scene- looks like it, and he lost!
Congrats too to Tamia and Tsakatsaka and the other fellow HM's. I am somewhat surprised to even get a HM considering the stunning skills and creativity shown here. Well done everyone-a visual delight, and well worth another viewing of all the entries. Inspirational.
Thanks Jools for a wonderful challenge-you certainly brought out the best here-and for taking out the time and sacrificing your rest to judge this one. Hope you have some decent time of rest and sleep now.
OK Mark-get us out of this blue .
11-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well done Mark, and all! Jules, excellent job, this challenge had a lot of great photos, I enjoyed every one of them.. I hope the next challenge can bring forth this type of quality!
11-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Mark on the win with a very well done shot. Also congratulations to all the HMS's .

11-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Congrats to Mecrox on winning this challenge with such a great photo, with both literal and figurative interpretation of the theme! Also congrats to Tamia and tsakatsaka on second and third place finishes and well done to all the HM's. Jools, great idea for a challenge as evidenced by both the quality and quantity of the submissions. Thanks for taking the time to comment on each photo and thanks for your comments on mine. Well done!
11-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Mark, that is a brilliant shot. Thanks for a great challenge Jools and congrats to all of the winners.
11-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Well done all congrats to the HM's and of course tsakatsaka, Tamia and our winner mecrox. Nice job on judging Jools everyone apprciates the time it takes to comment on all the photos, it was a tough one.

11-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Mark, Tsakatsaka, Susan, Tom, and Noel! Thanks much for a podium spot, Julio, and even more for taking time out of your busy life to host and judge a challenge with such an incredible range of high quality photos. Real stunners in this contest's lineup. I enjoyed each and every one of the entries.
11-10-2013, 11:42 PM   #9
smf
Pentaxian

Congratulations, everyone, and thanks very much to everyone who posted photos and to Jools for the hosting, judging and honorable mention!
11-11-2013, 04:26 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Many thanks for your care in hosting and judging such a high-quality field, Jools, and congrats to all the other winners, HMs and entries. It's a great subject for a comp.
11-11-2013, 05:12 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Congratulations!

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks to Jools for running, judging and commenting on the entries.
Ron
11-11-2013, 06:40 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Excellent winning image and lovely line-up of placers and HMs. Congrats to all and thanks for hosting and commenting Julio. Enjoyed this challenge very much
11-11-2013, 06:41 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Congrats to all and a great job judging the many entries by Jools.Looking forward to the new challenge.--charliezap
11-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #14

Thanks for the comments Jools, congrats everyone
11-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Congrats to the winners, and thank you Jools for the comments.