Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
P-52-5-45 Winners -- Home – Hobby
Posted By: tessfully, 12-02-2013, 07:49 AM

Awesome showing of diverse images, especially given the busy holiday season! Thanks to all who entered.

gifthorse – cool perspective of your livingroom wall. I see many hobbies in this eclectic gathering. (Hope you have healed!)

derelict – great collection of fishing reels and line. This looks like a serious hobby. I like the depth of field and high-key from the window lends a 3-d effect to the well-composed subjects!

jcdoss – most awesome hobby of all!!!! It looks like your wife and Wesley are contemplating the same serious issue. Mine are jumping on me right now barking “lets’go let’s go.”

Tamia – Cooking is my Avocation – wonderful image to view, so colourful and full of interest. Love the reflection on the knife. Nice composition. A wonderful collection of shapes, textures and colours.

mtux – Someone here had to portray photography as a hobby! Super portrait, awesome composition and dof, and the black and white conversion is terrific.

Josh-fuggle – Wow! Super shot, very interesting composition and subject. Welcome to the forum --- I look forward to seeing more of your work!

link81 – Beautiful image of your Duncan coral. I love the gentle turquoise and soft purples and the whites are oh-so-white! Perfect sharpness too. Nice job.

patrick9 – I always enjoy your images. Lovely shot of a beloved guitar nicely set again the gold curtain highlighting beautifully the colour and grain in the wood.

bigted – Super shot of your Kobo Mini reader. I love the depth of field on the text and of course had to read the passage. I am so glad you decided to submit to P-52!

Noelcmn – I love your image of the coins, and I have stared at it for ages picking out the familiar and studying the ones I have not seen before. This image is artistic with its black back-drop nicely displaying the coins arranged in a rough circle. The buttons add a lovely disruption to the visual. Nice work!

Tsukiouji – Just a super shot technically… love the depth of field and composition. The lighting is excellent and the blue draws in the viewer.

Okay this was really difficult and my dogs are driving me crazy for their walk so I have to make up my mind. Please know I seriously enjoyed each visual representation of your hobby and the line up of images is so strong that everyone deserves honourable mention.

The winner and this weeks judge is Josh-fuggle –

followed by

mtux

Tsukiouji

Views: 1,101
12-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations Josh-fuggle- Way to go! New to the Forum and already on the podium-bodes well for your future here. Lovely angles of the bicycles, and only a keen cyclist would see that photo opportunity. Great shot! Congratulations too to Mtux, a lovely portrait, and hope you post it in the post your self-portrait thread. And Congratulations too Tsukiouji, lovely sharp image. I won't ask how are your fingers doing? Thanks Tess, for judging and again for constructive and positive comments, I always appreciate that.
Backyard here I come.
12-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Josh on the win. Welcome and what a way to start on the Forums. Congratulations to Mtux and Tsukiouji On 2nd and 3rd places. Thanks Tess for judging this weeks challenge and taking the time to comment on each shot. Your comments are much appreciated.
12-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #4
Veteran Member

wow, thatnks tessfully for the judge and 2nd place
Congrats to Josh, It's a great shot.
and congrats to Tsukiouji too, the blue colors are awesome there.

12-03-2013, 03:03 AM   #5

Photos: Albums
Thanks guys - Glad you all liked my shot.
12-03-2013, 06:41 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fabulous shot and congratulations Josh/fuggle! Welcome to the forum and to the weekly contests. I hope to see more of your photos here. Great shots mtux and Tsukiouji, too. It was fun to get a glimpse of everyone's pastimes. Well done judging Tess, and as always, thanks for your efforts in commenting and picking winners. Now to the back yard, where it's very foggy and cold...
12-03-2013, 01:25 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
congrats, Awesome pictures

12-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Oh, thank you all for the kind words !

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
I won't ask how are your fingers doing?
Ah, it's not so awful as it may seem — in fact this stick is quite ergonomic and fit well.