Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 18 Likes Search this Thread

Weekly Challenge #270: Unholy Interiors
Posted By: sealonsf, 12-30-2013, 06:22 PM

I couldn't help myself. After Neville hosted last week's "Holy Interiors", I couldn't help but think it would be fun to see an opposite interpretation. Maybe not really truly "unholy" but think dive bar, honky tonk, dark places. Very much open to interpretation, so have fun with this one. I'm a huge film noir fan, so let's see what you've got.

I'll start off with some examples.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

This challenge will run until Tuesday, 7 January, midnight PST.

The fine print:
1. Post one photo (max 1024 X 1024).
2. The photo must portray an interpretation of the theme.
3. Post your single photo in this thread. If it's not obvious, explain what motivated you to submit the photo and how you feel it represents the weekly theme.
4.The challenge is interactive. Any response is welcome.
5.The judge will pick the winner, who will then host and judge the next week's challenge.
6.The challenge closes after seven days.This allows a day for the judge to pick the winners.
7. Any Pentax (or Samsung) DSLR is acceptable.
8. Photos can be from any time frame, not just the week of the current challenge.
9. In case the winner of a challenge is unable to become the judge of the next week's challenge, the winner will PM the #2 winner and pass on the baton to that person to host and judge the next week's challenge.

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/129-weekly-photo-challenges/246113-weekly...#ixzz2p0d32XUd
Views: 2,448
01-05-2014, 01:12 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This would be about the most unholy place I have visited- Emperor's Palace, a hugely popular gambling den, replete with this rather large image of the emperor. Visited here in December 2011, to take some pics of their Garden of Lights. The garden was outside, but I went and had a look inside, to be greeted by this statue. It is more like a mall, structured and painted as if you are outside. The lights were a bit on the low side.

01-05-2014, 11:52 PM   #17
Pentaxian

What a perfectly unholy collection!

I don't have much to compete with, but I'll try. This one was taken inside the containment building of a nuclear power plant. It was unfinished when I visited for a college class in 2012, and much of it was untouched since construction was first halted nearly thirty years before. It was one of the darkest, most claustrophobic places I've ever been. Most of the lighting was from naked bulbs dangling from extension cords and floodlights on stands. It was a weird feeling to be entombed by walls of concrete and steel several feet thick, designed to withstand a direct hit from a tornado, or even fully loaded passenger airliner. This was one of the only spots where you could look up and see part of the domed ceiling, about 150 feet above.

01-06-2014, 11:49 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
LAST chance for entries --- ends soon!

Last edited by sealonsf; 01-07-2014 at 10:01 AM.
01-06-2014, 09:38 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This abandoned building was maybe not completely abandoned
Name:  LimaRuins20100330_0030.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  113.6 KB

01-08-2014, 09:49 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, everyone. This challenge is officially closed. Will come back soon with the winner.