Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
P52-5-50: Photography Cliches: WINNERS
Posted By: jmschrei, 01-22-2014, 06:09 PM

Hi everyone, thanks for waiting for me to get home.

First off, I want to acknowledge another great round of entries. I don't think there is anything wrong with having a go at one of the tried and true photographic cliches, these themes are revisited regularly for a reason. I also think that as we develop our own signature styles we tend to repeat themes that we like and probably develop our own personal "cliches" along the way.

To expedite the judging I will get straight to the winners...

Third place: vroom_skies - flowers are irresistible to those of us who only have a short window to enjoy their colour out of doors each year. This is a lovely example.

Second place: noelcmn - what a great twist on the shadow shot!

First place and next week's judge: Tamia - I am hungry right now so maybe that gave you the edge. Photographing your dinner and tweeting the results to your legion of followers is apparently quite the trend. But this looks so tasty I only wish you had included a recipe!

Congrats to all.
Views: 979
01-22-2014, 07:43 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations Tamia on the win. also congrat's to Noel and vroom. Thanks for judging Joe.

Last edited by patrick9; 01-23-2014 at 05:28 AM.
01-23-2014, 07:14 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Congratulations Tamia! That was a wonderful shot and it made me hungry too! Lovely flower image vroom and cool shadow image Noel. Thank you for judging Joe
01-23-2014, 02:00 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations, that is indeed a wonderful shot, and I'm suddenly hungry and I've already had dinner! Thanks for the 2nd spot Joe and Congrats too to Vroom_skies. Thanks Joe for taking on the judging duties- great stuff!

01-23-2014, 05:31 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gosh Joe, thanks, and to the rest of you as wel! All your folks' shots this challenge was a great example of cliches. Congrats to you Noel -- I loved that photo and the shadow was splendid -- and to you, too, Vroom_skies, for a beautiful flower shot. Thanks for stepping in and judging, Joe, and BTW, I couldn't agree with you more on what you said: I don't think there is anything wrong with having a go at one of the tried and true photographic cliches, these themes are revisited regularly for a reason. I also think that as we develop our own signature styles we tend to repeat themes that we like and probably develop our own personal "cliches" along the way.

OH, the recipe is simple. Layer cooked lasagna with tomato sauce, and ricotta-mozzarella-Parmesan cheeses. Begin with sauce, end with sauce topped by the cheeses in the order mentioned. I usually get three layers in a deep baking pan. Bake at 425 degrees F for 45 minutes or till bubbling hot and cheese is browned, then let it sit on a trivet 15 minutes to set. I didn't do that part and the lasagna slices collapsed. Tasted great anyway.

Now let's see some BLACK-AND-WHITE!

Last edited by Tamia; 01-23-2014 at 05:39 PM.