Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 118 Likes Search this Thread

Weekly challenge #274: Layers
Posted By: TenZ.NL, 02-03-2014, 12:18 PM

Hi everybody!
Welcome to episode 274 of the weekly challenge

Thanks to Ron for last week`s challenge "Work" , a truely inspiring subject with lots of great entries.
For this week's subject I`ve come up with something completely different: Layers.
I hear you thinking: WTH is he babbling about?
Well, it`s about lines and repetition...horizontal, vertical or diagonal, it doesn`t matter as long as subject(s) or fore/background create a sense of (repetive) layering.

For example this image of a seal colony, shot from a ferry. The water, the shoals, the seals themselves and even the frame contribute to a sense of horizontal layering (imho offcourse )

Offcourse, your subject(s) could be anything. Be creative, have fun and make my life as a judge a hard one!
Kind regards,
Jacco

* This challenge will run until Monday, 10 February, midnight PST.

The fine print:
1. Post one photo (max 1024 X 1024).
2. The photo must portray an interpretation of the theme.
3. Post your single photo in this thread. If it's not obvious, explain what motivated you to submit the photo and how you feel it represents the weekly theme.
4.The challenge is interactive. Any response is welcome.
5.The judge will pick the winner, who will then host and judge the next week's challenge.
6.The challenge closes after seven days.This allows a day for the judge to pick the winners.
7. Any Pentax (or Samsung) DSLR is acceptable.
8. Photos can be from any time frame, not just the week of the current challenge.
9. In case the winner of a challenge is unable to become the judge of the next week's challenge, the winner will PM the #2 winner and pass on the baton to that person to host and judge the next week's challenge.

Views: 6,420
02-12-2014, 11:42 AM   #46

Photos: Albums
I Know it's too late for the judging, but I just had to post this.

Him a layin' and Her a layin' makes them both layers.

Last edited by Alkazalsir; 07-17-2014 at 09:46 AM.
02-12-2014, 01:34 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Haha, nice one Alkazalsir

The winners can be found HERE