Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

POTW... 7 (14th - 27th)
Posted By: mtnbearhug, 04-20-2008, 09:42 PM

Greetings everyone!!! Bruce has asked me to host this weeks POTW!!.. so I honorably accepted!! Thanks Bruce!!

The pictures for this weeks POTW should have been taken from April 14th to April 27th.
The past POTW have been Wonderful!!! Lets keep up the good work!!!!

The rules for the POTW are simple:

1) No theme just your favourite stuff.
2) lets keep it to about 4-6 images just so the thread doesn't get too big each week
3) Any Pentax camera is fine, film, P&S, DSLR (or Samsung DSLR)
4) Runs for 7 days April 21st to April 27th
5)Enter anything you shot last week or this current week until the thread closes.

Next Sunday I'll pick a host for the next week from the entries.

Here are my favorites to get us started...

One of my Macro's!!!!

A couple from Geocaching... These are of an old electric fence relay switch... It was really cool!! It hasn't been used for almost 30 years....

Enjoy !!!! Kim

Last edited by mtnbearhug; 04-21-2008 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Fixed dates
Views: 15,280
04-21-2008, 07:13 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Here's mine:

04-21-2008, 07:38 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Thanks Stu It is a freak storm but a loooooooooong one - there was no snow anywhere on Thursday then 4 straight days of snow

As usual I plan to be in Vernon on July long weekend. Funtastic Tournament maybe we can hook up for coffee or a drink if you around then. Fly in Friday, Fly out Monday - not sure on the complete schedule yet, but if you are around and want to hook up let me know

You could probaly get work there if you are iterested. Almost 300 teams , Beer Gradens , photo opps galore! I know they have a few photographers at the diamonds taking picutures and selling them - not sure if it is freelance or they make arrangements witht he funtastic organization. Welcome to the 2008 Funtastic Summer Festival I imagine you are very familiar with this event
That does sound good Dave, however there's a good chance that I'll be in Vancouver shooting a wedding then.

If the wedding shoot doesn't happen I'll make sure that I have the weekend off
04-21-2008, 09:13 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Great start!!!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by rmtagg Quote
Love the macro work Kim!
Here is from an early morning shoot trying to catch the fog lifting off the water
That is a Wonderful picture Rosemary.. LOVE IT!!! I really like the second one you posted too.. the lighting on the bench is very nice.. definately looks like a nice comfy place to watch the sunset...

Glad you liked the Macro's!! More to come soon.. just got done processing my pics from the weekend..

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
I'd like to thank you for telling me about this Kim, it's a good idea.
And I of course love all of Kim's work, and her macro is amazing
No need to Thank me Stu, what are friends for???? But you are welcome.. Thank you as well for the kind words about my macros.... I am glad you are enjoying them.. as I mentioned above there are more to come..

I really like you pic Stu.. it is very inviting... It would be a great view when sitting on a rocker chair placed perfectly on a big wrap around porch...

Frank: The oranges and Yellows in your flower pics are just wonderful!!! Great shots..

Georg: Great shot!! nice and sharp.. you make that pesky gul look beautiful!!

gpaual: I really like the color reflection in the solar flare... That is SWEET!!!

Ash: All the colors in your pic blend together very well... Great Shot!!

Dave: Very funny.. "amp"ing up the hair.. I say we go on a snow strike?? no more cold or snow.. do you think mother nature will listen????

Max: Great shot Max.. love the flag position.. very creative!!

Wonderful Start to yet another POTW!!!!! This is one of my favorite threads...

I have to play my beginner card and admit I boo-bood on the dates though .. Thanks Dave for catching it.. I have edited them and changed the dates for the pics to be either last week and the current week. I hope thats right????

Keep them coming everyone!!!! Kim
04-21-2008, 10:32 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am really impressed with the shots thus far this week.

Frank (XS400) Like your series of shots. Particularly like the bridge shot.

Gawan's bird shot is a really lovely shot. Sharpness is brilliant.

GPaual : Nice. Like the lighting. Perhaps the one with the lamp could be lightened just a fraction. Well done neveretheless.

I like Ash's duck shot. Nice and sharp. Well done.

Couple of real original shots there Dave!

Rosemary, you have caught really dramatic lighting in your Park seat shot. Well take. Really like the natural tree sculpture behind. A very well taken shot.

Maxwell, that wagon wheel is a very impressive photo. I really like that. Well see, nice angle.

Sorry I didnt have anything to add at the moment, its a case of RAIN, RAIN and ....... MORE RAIN.
Hopefully before the weeks out.

04-22-2008, 10:27 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice collection of shots so far.

mtnbearhug: I really like that first shot of yours - nice color and very sharp

little laker: The colors do remind me of an old color photo - those colors do bring back some good memories

gawan: That's a great shot - very sharp, nice capture

gpaual: I like the second shot - interesting colors with that lens flare

Ash: Excellent colors and framing - nice work

daacon: I hope you can put that shovel away soon and use your camera more

max: Nice color for the sky, good framing, and I like the DOF

rmtagg: I like your shot of the chair - great lighting.

Last edited by xs400; 04-22-2008 at 10:37 AM.
04-22-2008, 04:40 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Random comments - well done

Kim nice colors on the Macro - makes me long for the elusive season called Spring?

Rosemary - well done on the rising fog - looks very nice. Like the chair as well.

Stu looks like another Shi**ty day in paradise what can I say

Frank - I like them all but particularly like the bridge shot well done!

Gawan - wonderful detail on the gull

Gpaual - fist one a little dark but I love the sun though the trees.

Ash - great looking duck shot.

Max - great perspective on a common object I like it.
04-22-2008, 04:51 PM   #22
Veteran Member

The Storm has subsided ......

Well here it is Tuesday 22Apr08 - I saw a shadow outside the window today and wondered what the heck ! We have not seen the Sun here since last Friday morning. It started snowing Friday and stopped a few hours ago. Total accumulation will be somewhere around the 30cm mark I suspect. drifts can be 2 -3 times that easy. It is suppose to get warm from now on slowly ... can’t wait!

On that note I snuck out today for 20 minutes to see if indeed these shadows where caused by the Sun or was I dreaming. All taken with the DA* 50-135 as I have had nowhere near enough play time with this lens yet.

The first Robin I have seen in a week
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2094/2434550153_353a18794d_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]
100% Crop When you nail focus it looks pretty good (This was one out of three that actually truned out)

I like the golden look of these Buds - I am not sure what caused this as the sun was behind them ..looks pretty cool I think
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2364/2435365982_06abd2a966_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

And just to give you an idea what 30cm of drifting snow can look like - on Thursday my deck was clear and there was no snow to be found anywhere in the yard. Here is a quick shot a few horus ago.
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2027/2435365850_00c76c3eb1_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

Last edited by daacon; 04-22-2008 at 06:28 PM. Reason: typos
04-22-2008, 05:23 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Great too see so many interesting shots. I never ceased to be amazed at Daves snow experiences. Love that outdoor setting shot. You got snow in abundance, we got rain, in abundance ++.
Two shots I got outside my back door (not that interesting) , best I can do, a bit of sun would be a real treat at the moment.
Attached Images

04-22-2008, 05:48 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Last edited by rmtagg; 04-22-2008 at 11:53 PM.
04-22-2008, 09:36 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Keep those great shots coming... :)

Keep them great shots comin.. We will be at "hump day" tomorrow.. the week is already half over!!! WOW... Time sure flies when you are having fun huh?

Frank: Thanks for the comments.. I am glad you enjoyed the Macro.

Dave: Don't worry your elusive Spring will be here before you know it.. Honest it will!! LOL I really like your Robin crop.. See that is a sure sign of Spring right there caught on film!!!

Bruce: Your first pic is very interesting Bruce!! I really like it.. It one of those type that you can stare at for hours an still see something new in it!! I like the water droplets on #2 as well.. GREAT shots!!

Rosemary: This is a nice Leopard Shot Rosemary... But the darker black splotches behind the ears are a little distracting.. Where did you take this pic.. you didn't add your little blurb to it so its just a simple mystery!!
04-22-2008, 10:31 PM   #26
Veteran Member

The hair that could launch 500 ships

Teen Angel

from The Grease Musical Production
04-22-2008, 11:54 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mtnbearhug Quote
Keep them great shots comin.. We will be at "hump day" tomorrow.. the week is already half over!!! WOW... Time sure flies when you are having fun huh?

Frank: Thanks for the comments.. I am glad you enjoyed the Macro.

Dave: Don't worry your elusive Spring will be here before you know it.. Honest it will!! LOL I really like your Robin crop.. See that is a sure sign of Spring right there caught on film!!!

Bruce: Your first pic is very interesting Bruce!! I really like it.. It one of those type that you can stare at for hours an still see something new in it!! I like the water droplets on #2 as well.. GREAT shots!!

Rosemary: This is a nice Leopard Shot Rosemary... But the darker black splotches behind the ears are a little distracting.. Where did you take this pic.. you didn't add your little blurb to it so its just a simple mystery!!
Hm, Kim I can't see any darker spots??? I was trying to get rid of a sucky background but I am not very good at it I guess.
04-23-2008, 05:39 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
email sent

QuoteOriginally posted by rmtagg Quote
Hm, Kim I can't see any darker spots??? I was trying to get rid of a sucky background but I am not very good at it I guess.
Rosemary... I sent you an email on this.. Have a great day!! Kim
04-23-2008, 09:32 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Sometimes it's fun......

....to be a grandad.

dave
04-23-2008, 12:55 PM   #30
Veteran Member

what a surprise I got when I opened this pic. I could not see the babies when I was taking this very early morning pic!