Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Winners: 52-6-11 ideas: Love
Posted By: Aerlind, 04-28-2014, 08:20 PM

I really enjoyed the creative interpretations to this week's contest. It was a bit difficult to judge, and I stalked the contest thread all week!

First off, comments:

Tess/tessfully: I had to look at your photo twice before I figured out what it actually was! Yours was the most creative interpretation of the theme, but I really, really like it. I love the contrast between sharpness and blur (with the water) and the pop of the green plants. Well shot!

Bill2849: Love the colors! Especially since the flowers are slow to bloom this year in Colorado, it's nice to see such pretty color this time of year. Great composition as well. I also liked the edge effects, the "roughness" really fits with the picture.

patrick9: Your photo makes me smile. It reminds me of going to rodeos and fairs, because those two would look right at home here at a local rodeo. It also looks so warm, nobody here has broken out their t-shirts yet!

Tamia: Great shot. The gulls look great contrasted against the blue sky, and everything is nice and sharp and clear. They look like they're keeping watch, literally "watching each other's backs". Great subject!

Noel: Again, I love the colors, theme, shot, people, and random gull in the sky! Calm just radiates from your image, and the lighting is just about perfect.

Papa Lazarou: I have a soft spot for black and white, as it's what my dad shot in the film days and what I first learned on (because of my dad). Actually, I think one of the reasons I like this image so much is because it's very like something my dad would have shot. I really like the composition and the message, the little boy is like the link between the adults. It's really a lovely image.

And so, the winner is Papa Lazarou with his black and white wedding shot (making you the judge of next week's challenge):

A close second goes to Tessfully, with a tie for third with noelcm and bill2849. Thanks everyone for the wonderful shots!
Views: 1,261
04-29-2014, 05:57 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Absolutely LOVE that photo Papa Lazarou! Congrats on the win. Awesome judging Aerlind/Hannah, thank you for commenting on everyone's submission and for 2nd place. I had it in my mind that I wanted to find in nature a representation of my love of Jazz music, so it wasn't accidental and I am *really* happy you liked it! Congrats too Noel and Bill, awesome photos. Nice entries everyone

Peace!
04-29-2014, 06:04 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WOW - thanks everyone for the kind comments and to Hannah for judging.
I shot the wedding as a first attempt and a gift for a friend (the bride). I'm chuffed to bits that you picked it against some stiff competition I might add.
I'll be only too happy to judge the next round.
Once again thanks.
Phil
04-29-2014, 08:29 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yep, also love that shot, tis a thing of beauty! Excellent choice with B/W conversion, so a hearty congratulations there Phil, and of course to Tess and Bill2489. This particular theme of ideas for the current round of Project 52 is attracting some real good stuff. Thanks Hannah for judging and commenting on all the entries-always appreciated. Now to find some peace and tranquility.

04-29-2014, 06:44 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Hannah for taking the time to comment on everyone's entries.
Congratulations Phil on the win I also loved your shot. Congratulations to Tess ,Noel , and Bill on podium finishes.
04-29-2014, 08:11 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Congratulations Phil on a wonderful shot, and to Tess and Noel on your runners-up status. Thank you Hannah for your commentary on each of the entries and for the judging.
04-30-2014, 07:54 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wonderful shot, Phil -- congratulations! Kudos to Tess and Noel as well for your beautiful examples. Thanks much for your insightful and thoughtful judging, Hannah. You did a super job.