Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Potw #8
Posted By: dantuyhoa, 04-27-2008, 12:47 AM

Kim has asked me to be the host this week . So here we go with my copy & paste job :

1) No theme just your favourite stuff.
2) Let's keep it to about 4-6 images per post just so the thread doesn't get too big each week .
3) Any Pentax camera is fine, film, P&S, DSLR (or Samsung DSLR)
4) Runs for 7 days April 28th to May 4th
5)Enter anything you shot last week or this current week until the thread closes.

Next Sunday I'll pick a host for the next week from the entries
Views: 13,730
04-29-2008, 04:42 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Kinda busy today , so please excuse for I just share an image . Will come back for comments . So far , very nice contributions . Keep it up , folks .

True Colors !

04-29-2008, 06:00 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dantuyhoa Quote
Thanks Rosemary . I went to visit the old restaurant I used to work for . I can sit in the bar and use my camera without anybody bugging me .

Tran
QuoteOriginally posted by mtnbearhug Quote
Thanks so much Tran... I am glad you are enjoying them. I really like yours as well.. did you change the back ground or how did you get that effect?

You think it might stick!! oh my... labeled all ready!! I was just amazed at how pretty these stupid dandy's were up close... whod a thunk it!!!! Glad you enjoyed them..

I really like your first squirrel shot Dave.... it is very good.. That old log is a good shot as well.. Thanks for sharin..

RosemaryGreat Blossoms Rosemary!! It looks like you had a fun time taking those ones..

Tran: mmmmmmm yummy Tran... those shrimp do look good!!!!!!

Thanks Kim, I sure did enjoy shooting our cherry tree. It is so beautiful but the beauty only lasts a short time.

QuoteOriginally posted by KrisK10D Quote
I recognise this image Hope it gets into your Gallery, Rosemary.

I upload my images to ImageShack® - Image Hosting. They give you the option of resizing image if you want to but you don't have to use it. I make sure the image size is how I want it in photoshop before uploading. Hope that helps!
Thanks For both the info and the wihs for my pic to make it. I hope it does too. I have managed to get one accepted and into the gallery so we will see.

QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
Very nice photos everyone! There are already too many to comment everyone, but still some:

Peter, your second birs is fantastic, there is a certain intimacy in it that I really like!

Dave, I love the B&W tree - also you seem to share my passion to details like that branch cut.

Finn, you really have a perfect lens an such a sweet model!

Duh_Vinci, your birds are so fine and sharp!

Kim, I love your first macro in particular!

dantuyhoa, there are something specially clear and vivid in all yours posted photos - of course not including your last B&W, that deserves it own special mention, nice moment!

Rosemary, I really like the third one!

Bud, your squirrel sure has the perfect pose!

Craig, I did enjoyed the waterfall, a great subject!
I have a ton of cherry blossom pics and am having a hard time choosing my favs, lol

dantuyhoa, love the pic you just uploaded!
04-29-2008, 06:15 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Its obvious Spring has finally sprung on your side of the world. Its good to see so many great pictures of the beautiful blooms, and the birds as well. Keep it up, they're really enjoyable.
I wont list all, but great shots by all and the colours really are uplifting.
Get out there guys you deserve it after waiting through such a hard winter.

# Had a Canadian/Australian expat on the local radio a few days ago, telling us warm climate beings, about the terrible experiences of the winter season over there. (If I remember correctly, she was from Ottawa). Seeing so many graphic photos of it all posted here over the last months , I knew exactly what she was trying to describe.
04-29-2008, 07:44 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Thanks

QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
Kim, I love your first macro in particular!
Thanks Georg.. Im glad you like it.. I have actually added that pic as my background on my computer!!

Bud: The pic of the Trillium is just Beautful!!!!! Great shot..

Oldschool: Those meatballs definately make me hungry for some pasta!!!!

C13:Very nice Landscapes!!!

04-29-2008, 07:56 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Ok, can anyone tell me how to post a photo from Flicker?? Thanks

Last edited by rmtagg; 04-29-2008 at 08:03 PM.
04-29-2008, 08:16 PM   #36
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dantuyhoa Quote
Pooky125 : Very sharp and detailed image .
Thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Pooky125 - great close-up up the majestic horse what lens and how close were you?
Thanks! That was with a Tamron 75-300mm at 75mm, and probably about 5 feet away.
04-29-2008, 08:31 PM   #37
Veteran Member

04-30-2008, 02:44 AM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rmtagg Quote
Ok, can anyone tell me how to post a photo from Flicker??
Like anything else it involves getting the true URL to the image.
  1. Find the photo you want in Flickr
  2. Click on "All Sizes"
  3. Scroll down to where it says "Grab the photo's URL"
  4. Copy that URL to your buffer (Highlight it then Ctrl+C)
  5. Go to your Pentax Forums post
  6. Make sure you are in Advanced mode
  7. Click on the little image icon (mountain)
  8. Paste in the URL (Ctrl+V)

Voila!
04-30-2008, 05:48 AM   #39
Veteran Member

Rosemary nice series I love the blossoms - compression is ISP dependant I think the best advice as stated is to do the resizing in Photoshop before you upload. So many nice shots of beautiful flowers!

Duh vinci - very cool technique well done

dantuyhoa - thanks for the comments, good to have a soulless mate I really like the coconut shrimp shot well done. The last one is an interesting effect undecided if I really like it or not ha-ha

Kim - thanks for the comments

Krisk10d - another great blossom shot !

Bud - yeah those squirrels are indeed tempting to shot with both a camera and perhaps a - great bird shot , flower and squirrel umm I am so debating that lens da* 300 f4 - I think I will get a wide angle first then that may be next.

Oldschool - interesting picture .. now I want some spaghetti !

c13 - so nice to see green slowly coming here. Very picturesque love the waterfall. You might want to off center the path one next time - still great landscapes

Georg I have a limitless passion I think thanks ! yeah the cut branch was just calling me out.

Only hump day today (no snow here but now we rain forecast for the next several days!!!) keep 'em coming.
04-30-2008, 06:24 AM   #40
Veteran Member

A few River Shots

A few from the weekend (snow is all gone now wahoooooooo - more expected 'maybe' today wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh)

The North Saskatchewan River
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2114/2445766386_7a4b1aaeef_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

Still a few chunks of solid water
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3258/2444939919_70553bd637_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

And here is a meeting of some of the local habitants appears most got the memo
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2059/2445766764_a5e0f3c97e_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]
04-30-2008, 09:35 AM   #41
Veteran Member

saturday eve

spent the night out on the desert with a few friends ....a few pics from the eve.....unforunately, both batteries in the camera died just about after dusk, so i didn't get any shots of moonrise or other subjects.......
Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo   
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 

Last edited by gpaual; 04-30-2008 at 09:44 AM.
04-30-2008, 08:39 PM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Krisk10d - another great blossom shot !
Not my shot, Daa. I was just hinting to Rosemary that it was one I had voted on in the Galleries

I haven't taken a shot in a couple weeks. Life keeps getting in the way
05-01-2008, 07:50 AM   #43
Veteran Member

There is a very nice variety of shots being posted
daacon, I really enjoy seeing your pics from up north
KrisK10D thanks for the vote So far 2 of my photos have made it to the Pentax gallery
05-01-2008, 07:52 AM   #44
Veteran Member

Dooooh my mistake KrisK10d -still a nice picture (Rosemary)

gpaual - nice set up there it has been a few years since I have been out in the desert (Arizona) to look at the stars it was indeed impressive and this was just with my eyes. I imagine it was a fantastic view with the eguipment you have shown here. Nice sunset as well.
05-01-2008, 09:31 AM   #45
Veteran Member

thanks for comments daacon, yes it was quite a spectacle the other night, clear skies , moonrise (1:30-ish a.m. ) on last qtr' was very unusual and color strangely glowing from pollution at horizon, as said unfortunately, batteries in camera died, my fault for not charging them before i left......:-( thnks again.......