Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Project 52-6-12 - Idea - Peace - Winners
Posted By: Papa Lazarou, 05-07-2014, 08:19 AM

A small but enjoyable selection of entries for this theme. I very much enjoyed looking at them all, so thanks to everyone.
Just a few thoughts on each of your photos...

Bill2849 - A very fitting and poignant photo for this theme. It speaks for itself. May those who gave their lives in the conflict rest in peace.

ChristianRock - This solitary bench in the park area looks like an ideal place to go to relax and get some peace from the routine and pressures of work. Great interpretation of the theme.

Tamia - Although shots of running rivers and streams are somewhat commonplace, this suits the theme nicely. Well done.

rbefly - Let me congratulate you on a beautiful floral image. Gorgeous lighting, colour and bokeh. I'm not convinced its a great interpretation of the theme, but please forgive me on that. I love the shot, so bravo.

jmschrei - WOW snow in May! To think we're always moaning about the weather here in the UK. Still it makes for a beautiful shot and snow always looks peaceful to me.

Apapukas - I love this one. Terrific exposure. I love way the two bodies frame the shot and are lit by the fire. It really draws you in to the centre of the frame. I can imagine you both recollecting your exploits of the day on your trip. Peace, relaxation and tranquillity most apparent to me.

noelcmn - Great capture of the little boy on the beach. He looks like he's really enjoying sitting there. The water looks calm and settled - adding to the scene of ease and peacefulness.

Aerlind - Your horse is beautiful. She seems to be enjoying chiiling out and grazing after her ride. No wonder you love watching her relax. Peace indeed.

patrick9 - Nice mono of the pathway into the woods. I bet you love walking along there to relax. Nothing more peaceful than a quiet walk in the woods.

OK I had a hard time judging these. I had to consider both the interpretation of the theme and my feelings about the image too. Not an easy task, as they were all superb.

One stood out to me and it was this one...

Winner - Apapukas

So congratulations to Apapukas on his winning entry. A superb image and he will be invited to judge the next round of this series of Project 52.

2nd place - Bill2849 for his Vietnam memorial shot. Most befitting of the theme.

Joint 3rd place - ChristanRock and noelcmn - Can't decide between these fine shots - so equal placing.

Once again well done and thanks to everyone who participated.
Views: 1,174
05-07-2014, 08:41 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations to Apapukas for your very peaceful shot
And congratulations to Bill2849 for a peaceful and also emotional picture, and noelcm. I'm certainly in good company if my picture was in the same ballpark as Noel's, which is a fantastic shot.
05-07-2014, 09:04 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Congratulations to Apapukas for your lovely shot which is well-deserving of first place. Congratulations also to Noelcmn and to ChristianRock for your runner-up photos (especially given the quality of the other photos submitted.
Thanks also to Papa Lazarou for your thoughtful commentaries and for your judging, and for my 2nd place finish.
05-07-2014, 06:35 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations Apapkus on the win along with Bill on second place and Noel and ChristianRock on third. A well done and thank you to Papa Lazarou on judging and commenting on all the entries.

05-07-2014, 06:39 PM   #5

Congrats everyone, and of course, thanks for the comments! I was kind of pleased with how mine came out given I took it with my iPod Touch...but I too loved the shot Apapkus took.
05-13-2014, 01:14 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Congratulations!

Thanks to Papa Lazarou for hosting, and congratulations to Apapukas for the winning shot and Bill, ChristianRock and Noel fot their fine depections of this theme.
Ron