Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Weekly Challenge Winners - Weekly Challenge #283 Shelter
Posted By: Arjay Bee, 05-12-2014, 01:38 PM

Well I am finally able to get to the task and the delay is partly caused by the difficulty as usual of choosing the personal standouts and partly the issue with lack of wireless access with the visit to NZ over the last few days and the travel associated. Thank you for your patience...

I would have liked to comment on all images as I have in the past but access is an issue so will unfortunately will be brief this time around.

The images that I particularly enjoyed were:

Third: SpecialK with the Pueblo ruins under the cliffs - possibly as I have just read 'Blood Meridian' by Cormac McCarthy

Second: Franco64 with the parental embrace - possibly as I have just spent several days with my own family and grandchildren

The winner for this week is Geomez with this image:

I like the travel and the crowdedness and the protection being given the child against the side of the train and the somewhat troubled concerned look on the childs face. Kudos to the photographer for choosing this location to use the camera....

Over to you Geomez.
Views: 2,937
05-12-2014, 02:16 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations to Geomez, Franco64 and SpecialK for great pictures and interpretations of the theme
05-12-2014, 02:50 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
congrats to all the participants and especially Goemez for what appears to be the greatest shelter of all Mom ;-)
05-12-2014, 03:31 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Congrats to Geomez on a great image. Well done. Congrats also to Franco and SpecialK. Good job everyone.

05-12-2014, 04:22 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Thanks for the 3rd, and congrats to Geomez.
05-12-2014, 06:11 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Thank you Arjay for the challenge and for judging. Congratulations to Geomez for your outstanding entry and to Franco and SpecialK for your entries as well.
05-12-2014, 11:10 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
I like the travel and the crowdedness and the protection being given the child against the side of the train and the somewhat troubled concerned look on the childs face. Kudos to the photographer for choosing this location to use the camera....
Thank you everyone! I really appreciate it!
Thank you Arjay Bee for choosing my photo.
Good entries guys!

To give a little back story...
That is my wife and daughter in the pic.
We had spent a long day of hiking in Yosemite National Forest lastt summer, and were riding the shuttle back to our room along with our two sons. The bus was packed as you can see. I really didn't put much thought into the pic, I just lifted my K-5 IIs and snapped two shots. I was pretty much in zombie mode, I was so tired. When I got back home, I thought it was worth processing. I played around with the color and realized I liked it best in b&w. I love street photography (but never do it) and felt it fit the look of a street shot.

I will be back shortly with a new thread and a new theme.
Just a question though, as I am fairly new at weekly challenges...
Can I start the new post any day of the week or is the weekend preferred?

05-13-2014, 01:22 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks to Arjay for judging, congratulations to those mentioned and of course Geomez for a fine winning image.
05-13-2014, 02:01 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations Geomez, that is indeed a fine interpretation of the theme, and that look of anxiety is precious! Good for you for making good use of an opportunity. And congrats too to Franco64 and SpecialK. Thanks Arjay Bee for a fine challenge, and for judging under strenuous circumstances. Hope you had a good time in NZ.

Geomez, you can post the new challenge any time, more important is that you clearly state the closing date, keeping in mind it is a weekly challenge-give us a all a week or so!
05-13-2014, 02:16 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote

Geomez, you can post the new challenge any time, more important is that you clearly state the closing date, keeping in mind it is a weekly challenge-give us a all a week or so!

Thanks for the clarification noelcmn. I'll have one up soon.
05-13-2014, 11:01 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Congratulations to geomez and all the other winners. Lots of variety in this challenge. Thanks Arjay Bee for hosting and judging.

Tim
05-13-2014, 01:18 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Congratulations!

Thanks to Arjay Bee for hosting and the kind commentary.
Congratulations to Geomez, Franco and SpecialK for their fine photos of this theme!
Ron

Last edited by rbefly; 05-13-2014 at 05:21 PM.
05-13-2014, 03:35 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations to Geomez, Franco64 and SpecialK, good stuff all. Good job Arjay!