Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Project 52-6-13-Subject-Glass-Winners
Posted By: Apapukas, 05-20-2014, 04:59 PM

Sorry guys for the delay, I was a little busy with the work But know I am ready to give some critiques, announce the winners etc

First of all, I'd like to say that it was a quite difficult project, so hats from heads for all the bravest

Aerlind That is a quite interesting subject you chose. I had to spend a minute or too to recognize what it is Tip for the future, you should try to use the texture of the object as leading lines. That would make the composition much stronger!

noelcmn A simple composition, but it works. The background isn't distracting, which is great. A reflection makes the shot more interesting. That little glow of light near the bulb is interesting. You should try to make star burst effect or something like that

Bill2849 Composition wise is not bad. To be picky, I'd like a little more blown background and use of rule of thirds.

patrick9 Pretty good composition. Symmetry, reflections, colors. I like how it goes from red to orange, yellow. The only things that bother me a little is that it is a little out of focus.

tessfully Last but not least (how the opposite I'd say). Great composition, interesting object, clear background etc. Well though and well executed

So, the moment of thruth...

The Winner is tessfully, congratulations!

The 2nd place I'd give to patrick9 !

And the 3rd place.. well, that is hard. Because there were so little entries, the 3rd place for the 3 people, Aerlind, Bill2849 and noelcmn

Congratulations to all the winners and good luck in the future projects!

Regards,
Apapukas.

P.S. sorry for any mistakes I did, first time

Last edited by Apapukas; 05-20-2014 at 05:05 PM.
Views: 870
05-20-2014, 06:59 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks Apapukas for judging and commenting on each entry, and for second place.
Congratulations Tess on the win. Also Bill ,Aerlind ,and Noel on third
05-21-2014, 07:20 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Thank you for the honour Apapukas, and for commenting on each photo. Congrats Patrick, Aerlind, Bill and Noel. I really do enjoy these challenges. The next, Literature, is such an interesting topic. Looking forward to seeing everyone's interpretations.
05-21-2014, 07:29 PM   #4

Congrats! And thanks for the comments! I kind of just snapped and went with it, I honestly didn't put a lot of thought into the image.

05-22-2014, 12:33 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats Tess- can't really compete with that fab pic of yours. Great stuff! Congrats too Patrick and Aerlind and Bill2489. Thanks to Apapukas for judging and commenting, it is always appreciated. Great stuff for a first time.
Arelind, far more important is that you are participating. As it grows on you, you'll find concentration comes easier.