Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
Weekly Challenge #287 - Pets
Posted By: atupdate, 06-08-2014, 01:19 PM

This week's challenge is Pets. Your challenge this week is to show me your pet or your neighbor's pet, or visit a pet store.

Pets can be a challenge to shot, as they don't always want to pose. So break out the treat box and give it your best shot.

This challenge will run until Sunday June 15th at 5PM EDST. Can't wait to see the entries!

Every week, a new theme is picked and judged by the winner of the previous week.

Everyone is eligible to send in their best interpretation of the given theme, as long as the photo is taken with a Pentax/Samsung camera. Themes can be subject-oriented or technique-oriented.

Rules
1. Post ONE photo (max 1024x1024).
2. The photo must portray an interpretation of the theme.
3. Post your single picture in this thread and explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly theme (especially if it's not obvious).
4. The challenge is interactive. Any response is welcome.
5. The judge will pick the WINNERS and choose one of them to be the judge for the next week.
6. This challenge runs for 7 days plus an additional day for the judge to choose the winners.
7. Any Pentax (or Samsung DSLR) camera can be used.
8. Pictures can be from any time frame, not just within the week of the current theme.
9. In case the winner of a challenge is unable to become the judge for the next challenge, they will PM the #2 winner for that person to be the judge.

Examples

Moe

Amber

Marty with his "captured" leaf (One of our foster puppies that was adopted this past weekend)

Good luck to everyone.

Tim

Last edited by atupdate; 06-09-2014 at 04:27 AM.
Views: 7,778
06-09-2014, 09:47 AM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Great start so far. As many of you know, my family and I foster dogs for a rescue group called SICSA. Our current foster dog is a brindle pit bull (Kalli) that is expecting. In honor of this challenge, Kalli delivered her first of our new litter at about 11:45 am this morning.

Here is Kalli

Here is Kalli and her first pup (3 so far)

Tim

06-09-2014, 09:54 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oh my gosh Tim... what an awesome looking dog. She brings back many fond memories and a tear to my eye as I remember my pitty friends long ago passed. Thank you so much for sharing this special moment with us.
06-09-2014, 10:11 AM - 4 Likes   #18
Pentaxian

I don't have a pet... can I post a zoo bird from my trip to the zoo a couple days ago?

06-09-2014, 10:44 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
I don't have a pet... can I post a zoo bird from my trip to the zoo a couple days ago?
Any entry is acceptable. Will it win? We shall see.

Tim

06-09-2014, 11:08 AM - 2 Likes   #20

Batman

Our cat Batman. He is very investigative and a gentle soul. His brother is a bit goofier with grey and white fur which makes him look like he is wearing a mask, hence his name Robin. They have a great dynamic.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
06-09-2014, 11:16 AM - 3 Likes   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You Can't See Me! Not my cat, but my neighbor's out on the prowl. He was very annoyed when he saw that I saw him.

06-09-2014, 11:23 AM - 3 Likes   #22

Callie

This is Callie, a pup that we fostered. She was abandoned because she was 'born with only one eye'. (Some people!) Sweet and very playful normally, but tuckered out from romping when I took this shot.

She now has a permanent home, but I printed this shot on canvas and have it hanging at home as a reminder.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
06-09-2014, 12:22 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MAS_ttl Quote
This is Callie, a pup that we fostered.
Thanks for helping this little one.

Tim
06-09-2014, 12:27 PM - 2 Likes   #24

Squeakers

This is Squeak, my best buddy. Taken yesterday. She is a 4 year old DSH from a local shelter.
Attached Images

06-09-2014, 01:01 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I may change it later, I really didn't get a shot I liked and it's hot and buggy out.... but for now...
OK one change... none of that sweet syrupy "cute puppy" stuff for me.
Looks like the same pair as in post#3 - are you related to tessfully?
And is changing the photo later really allowed in the rules? Seems a tad unfair to me - just satin'

---------- Post added 06-10-14 at 06:05 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by atupdate Quote
Rules
1. Post ONE photo (max 1024x1024).
Tim
Some folks can't read it seems and are posting two photos which have received likes'
This is unfair of them, please fix.
06-09-2014, 01:17 PM   #26
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
Looks like the same pair as in post#3 - are you related to tessfully?
And is changing the photo later really allowed in the rules? Seems a tad unfair to me - just satin'
Norm and Tess are husband and wife. Changing images is allowed but it is recommended that you notify the host, as they may not see the change.

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
Some folks can't read it seems and are posting two photos which have received likes'
This is unfair of them, please fix.
Don't sweat the small stuff. Generally the first image posted is considered the default challenge entry. Since there is no real prize involved with this challenge, it is not a big deal. Besides, I'm loving all the images posted so far.

Litter update: 6 puppies so far and we think there will be another one shortly.

Tim
06-09-2014, 01:52 PM - 4 Likes   #27

Here's mine, he's called Max
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
06-09-2014, 03:28 PM - 4 Likes   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

All our cats are rescues. This is Beau. "Thou shalt not read, thou shalt pay attention to The Cat..."
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
06-09-2014, 04:34 PM - 2 Likes   #29

Scooby after swim

I just love taking pictures of my Dog.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
06-09-2014, 06:38 PM - 3 Likes   #30
Veteran Member

Here's our dufus, taken last week while I was testing my new-to-me DA 40 Limited.

It's previously been shown in the 'Pet a Day' thread.