Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
Weekly Challenge #287 - Pets
Posted By: atupdate, 06-08-2014, 01:19 PM

This week's challenge is Pets. Your challenge this week is to show me your pet or your neighbor's pet, or visit a pet store.

Pets can be a challenge to shot, as they don't always want to pose. So break out the treat box and give it your best shot.

This challenge will run until Sunday June 15th at 5PM EDST. Can't wait to see the entries!

Every week, a new theme is picked and judged by the winner of the previous week.

Everyone is eligible to send in their best interpretation of the given theme, as long as the photo is taken with a Pentax/Samsung camera. Themes can be subject-oriented or technique-oriented.

Rules
1. Post ONE photo (max 1024x1024).
2. The photo must portray an interpretation of the theme.
3. Post your single picture in this thread and explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly theme (especially if it's not obvious).
4. The challenge is interactive. Any response is welcome.
5. The judge will pick the WINNERS and choose one of them to be the judge for the next week.
6. This challenge runs for 7 days plus an additional day for the judge to choose the winners.
7. Any Pentax (or Samsung DSLR) camera can be used.
8. Pictures can be from any time frame, not just within the week of the current theme.
9. In case the winner of a challenge is unable to become the judge for the next challenge, they will PM the #2 winner for that person to be the judge.

Examples

Moe

Amber

Marty with his "captured" leaf (One of our foster puppies that was adopted this past weekend)

Good luck to everyone.

Tim

Last edited by atupdate; 06-09-2014 at 04:27 AM.
Views: 7,778
06-13-2014, 07:53 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Daniel Darko Quote
Technically this wasn't taken within the time-frame of the competition though
This is an open competition and there is no date restriction. So your entry is good.

Tim

06-13-2014, 01:59 PM - 2 Likes   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ike

This isn't the best photo I've ever taken of my dog Ike, but it was taken yesterday and I want to share this because Ike is in his last days. You can't tell by looking at him, but he had very bad news at the vet this week and we know that he will soon pass or we might need to put him down. He has a huge mass growing on his spleen. It's so big, it's taking up most of the room where his stomach should be so he has to eat tiny meals or he will throw up. He's a survivor, after having gone through surgery and chemotherapy, but he won't be able to survive this. He is the most loving little dog I've ever had and I'm devastated to know that he will soon be gone. So, I post this in love for the best dog ever.

[IMG][/IMG]
06-13-2014, 02:07 PM - 1 Like   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sealonsf Quote
This isn't the best photo I've ever taken of my dog Ike, but it was taken yesterday and I want to share this because Ike is in his last days. You can't tell by looking at him, but he had very bad news at the vet this week and we know that he will soon pass or we might need to put him down. He has a huge mass growing on his spleen. It's so big, it's taking up most of the room where his stomach should be so he has to eat tiny meals or he will throw up. He's a survivor, after having gone through surgery and chemotherapy, but he won't be able to survive this. He is the most loving little dog I've ever had and I'm devastated to know that he will soon be gone. So, I post this in love for the best dog ever.

[/url][/IMG]
So sorry to hear that. Always such a tough time when we get down to the end with our beloved pets. I'm sure that you gave him a good life and that he trusts you to make the right decision if it gets unbearable for him.
06-13-2014, 02:54 PM - 3 Likes   #49
Forum Member

This is Joker, a half-Siamese cat. His hobbies include sleeping in seemingly uncomfortable positions and breaking his toys. This is one of an increasing number of images I capture on my volunteer days in the local animal shelter.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by chimpwithagun; 06-13-2014 at 02:56 PM. Reason: I like editing. (No preview in quick reply x.x)
06-13-2014, 09:21 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

[/url][/IMG]
You're so fortunate to have lots of great pics of Ike, if they're anything like this one, as just looking at them and reminiscing will comfort you when the time comes.
06-14-2014, 06:47 AM   #51
Pentaxian

Original Poster
About 31 hours left to look through your files and post an image of your pet. I've really enjoyed the pictures and the stories submitted so far.

Tim
06-14-2014, 08:02 AM   #52
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

So, I post this in love for the best dog ever.
May the time remaining be filled with joy and love, for both of you.

06-14-2014, 09:38 AM - 3 Likes   #53
Pentaxian

I saw this guy with his macaw riding into Lake George recently during a motorcycle rally.
06-14-2014, 12:33 PM - 4 Likes   #54
Forum Member

Lola

A lady of leisure...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
06-14-2014, 01:32 PM   #55
Forum Member

QuoteQuote:
This is an open competition and there is no date restriction. So your entry is good
Thanks Tim.

QuoteQuote:
I saw this guy with his macaw riding into Lake George recently during a motorcycle rally.
I wonder if it's real....

My friend's dog most certainly is - as this photo I thought I'd throw up (no pun intended) for your general amusement will show. I woke up this morning to this playful chap... the worst part was definitely having to put up with it long enough to take grab my phone and take the photo :S

This is NOT a new entry :)
06-15-2014, 11:41 AM - 1 Like   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And for something different - My son's pet Royal Python, which I had to feed and look after.
06-15-2014, 12:15 PM   #57
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
May the time remaining be filled with joy and love, for both of you.
Thank you. We're doing our best.
06-15-2014, 02:10 PM   #58
Pentaxian

Original Poster
This challenge is officially closed. I'll post the winner either tonight or first thing in the morning. Thanks to everyone that entered. I really enjoyed watching this challenge unfold.

Tim