Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Winner - Weekly Challenge #287 Pets
Posted By: atupdate, 06-16-2014, 05:08 AM

What a great selection of entries. I loved the stories as much as the photos themselves. Thanks to everyone that entered.

Winner: Tessfully. The eye contact between the two sold me, as it tells the complete story on how Tia Maria has a long and happy life ahead of her.

Humorous Photo Award: Tied between zamke14 and scratchpaddy. Talk about once in a lifetime captures.

“Love Those Eyes” Award: There is no question that this category belongs to the cats. My favorite eyes from this challenge were entered by charliezap. I’ve never seen blue and green eyes before.

You Touched Me Award: Tied between sealonsf and Mas ttl. Both stories hit very close to home to me, as we started fostering dogs after we had to say goodbye to our long time family member, Amber.

Most Unique Entry Award: It has to be gazelle01. Cheetahs and Labs – the Columbus Zoo is a little over an hour away from me and I never heard of this before.

Aww, Cute Puppy Award: Tied between kraigg007 and DogLover. What more can I say, I like puppies.

Most ‘tude Award: Another "it has to be a cat" category and the award goes to OrchidJulie. Beau don’t read and neither will you.

Again, thanks to everyone that entered and congratulations to Tess.

Tim
Views: 1,713
06-16-2014, 05:56 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hey, Tim. Nicely done. Wondered how you were going to judge this one and having lots of different kinds of firsts is very appropriate.
Well done Tessfully and all the other special first place awardees.
06-16-2014, 06:26 AM   #3
Closed Account

Photos: Albums
Thanks to those that contributed -- and congrats to the winners
06-16-2014, 08:11 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That was a great shot by Tess and worthy winner, and congrats to all who were mentioned!

06-16-2014, 09:49 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Love that winning shot! Well done with the judging and thanks for the mention about our sweet Ike. He's still with us for now so we are enjoying every second.
06-16-2014, 10:00 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Great Challenge!

A well-deserved win, Tess! Congratulations to all the category winners, many fine entrants this time.
Ron
06-16-2014, 11:17 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Congrats to the winner(s) and all those who took part. I had a lot of fun looking at all the entries.

06-16-2014, 12:31 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Oh wow!! Oh my goodness, I am so surprised. Sooooo many awesome entries I am truly honoured. Thank you Tim! And, congratulations to all the other winners in various categories, and thanks to everyone who shared your beloved pets and animal acquaintances with us. Great topic and a lot of fun to keep in touch with.
06-16-2014, 12:53 PM   #9
Site Supporter

Kudos to Tess and to all the others. Looking forward to Tess's challenge.---charliezap
06-16-2014, 02:36 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Congratulations, Tess! This was great fun and Beau thanks you, Tim, for the accolade... but with typical cattitude, wants to know what her prize is (aside from momentary fame). I gave her some treats...
06-17-2014, 05:05 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
I gave her some treats..
Thanks for providing the treats. I'm going to lock all the doors just in case.

Tim
06-17-2014, 07:20 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Congratulations, Tess, on the win with that touching puppy-mentor moment. And Tim, you did a great job giving credits to your favorites in so many different categories. Glad I could give you a laugh!
06-18-2014, 03:26 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by atupdate Quote
Thanks for providing the treats. I'm going to lock all the doors just in case.

Tim
No worries, she's actually a pretty mellow cat. That expression isn't typical of her at all.
06-18-2014, 04:48 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well done, Tess! A worthy win. Congratulations to you, and to all the others who placed. Thanks for the contest, Tim, and for the imaginative special mention categories.
06-18-2014, 10:44 AM   #15
smf
Pentaxian

Congratulations to all, and thanks to Tim for your handling of the judging and the awards.