Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Project 52-6-19-ARCHITECTURE-EXTERIOR
Posted By: noelcmn, 06-22-2014, 12:42 PM

Welcome to PROJECT 52-6 for the year 2014.

PROJECT 52-6-19-Architecture-Exterior
Images for Project 52-6-19 are to be taken between the 23rd June 2014 and 29th June 2014.

Some winner from past challenges, a popular theme.
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af193/ramseybuckeye/Lima%20Ohio/20120908102.jpg
http://www.aracnet.com/~brothers/images/IMGP1806.jpg

Another easy theme. Similar to the previous weeks challenge, except this one includes older building as well, and (I hope) some architectural details, especially of older buildings.

Rules
1. Anyone and everyone interested in the challenge is eligible. The goal continues to be
have fun and share comments, concepts, insights, and techniques with fellow
Pentaxians.
2. Each week will feature a Theme and Sub-concept for you to explore.
3. Post your single picture in Project 52-6 thread for the week. Explain what
motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly
theme.
4. Some post-processing is OK (adjusting white balance, exposure, color
saturation), but let's try to stay away from heavily PP'ed images here. Try to
keep the creativity to photographic techniques and the captures themselves.
5. Since this project is about technique, and not camera, shots taken by non Pentax cameras are allowed.
Cameras may be SLRs, DSLRs, Point & Shoot, Medium Format, et cetera.
6. There is one “Theme Concept” labeled “black and white,” but feel free to post
black and white, sepia, monotone, etc., for any of the other themes.
7. The picture you post should be taken during the week in which the theme is
active to be eligible for judging.
8. Any picture taken from thread start date to listed closing date is acceptable. You may request to submit a photo outside of the time frame, but its acceptance is dependent o the judge of the week. Please try and keep to within a day or two (either way) of the week. This is to make allowances for those that would like to participate, but for one or other reason, are not able to do so during the time given for the challenge, such as illness, weather, travelling etc.
9. The WINNER of each weekly challenge is the JUDGE of the next week's Project 52-6.
10. The Facilitator (in this case noelcmn) may participate in the challenge, provided he/she is not the judge.
11. Closing date for the challenge is Sunday at midnight in your time zone. Late entries are accepted but subject to the acceptance by the current weeks
Judge.

Good luck everyone, and happy clicking!

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/129-weekly-photo-challenges/265957-weekly...#ixzz35OkSgvtI
Views: 1,565
06-23-2014, 07:15 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm going to kick start this weeks challenge with this pano of Kuala Lumpur's national stadium I've got today.
The building on the left is the LRT station. Well, there's two architecture in one shot!?

Shots were done with DA55-300 @ 55mm f/6.7 1/90 ISO140 because I didn't have any other lens with me.

BTW, Is making a pano considered as "photographic technique" or a "heavily PP'ed image"!?
06-24-2014, 06:58 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
This is a view of parts of Trinity United Methodist Church in Downtown Durham. This is a large building with several sections. This angle catches the front of some of the Church's offices with the spire of the church visible in the background. Taken with my trusty K-x and Sigma 28-80mm f3.5-5.6 II Macro (currently being used as my walking around lens, as it is new to me). This was taken at 28mm, f9.

Last edited by Bill2849; 06-25-2014 at 07:30 AM. Reason: crop photo
06-25-2014, 02:39 PM   #4
smf
Pentaxian

As explained on a plaque, the Nicholson-Guenther Community Band Shell — also known as the Central Park Band Shell in Midland, Michigan — was restored and rededicated in 2012 to honor outstanding music teachers Ted Nicholson and Lawrence Guenther. The original building — future Architect Laureate of Michigan Alden B. Dow's first public building in Midland, was funded by the citizens of Midland and the Public Works Administration, part of President Franklin D. Roosevelt's New Deal. In 2010, a community team was formed to raise funds to restore the building. Local foundations and Midland residents provided the money needed.

Attached Images

06-29-2014, 07:58 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well it is not the best weather here for exteriors storming off and on all weekend. I remembered seeing this a few times on my way to our daughters house. I thought of this when the subject was announced for this weeks challenge. I have no idea who ,when or why this was built. It is about the size of a three room house. walls 8-10 feet tall the rooms on top about the same height. It is on private property and has been around a while . It looked roughly the same when I first saw it about 20 years ago. I used my Promaster 28-105 on my istDL for the first time this is shot a 105mm 1/250 f 5.6 iso200 under a cloudy sky. I got this just before the sky fell.
Attached Images

06-29-2014, 09:15 AM - 1 Like   #6

I'm in a small historic town in Montana this week, so this challenge was perfect for me. I walked around town and took several shots of cool old buildings...unfortunately, the building that used to be perfect changed (there used to be a tree growing out of a church. The town took down the tree.)

Here's the one I liked best: the very definition of next-door neighbors!
Attached Images

06-29-2014, 01:46 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The decidedly modern Everard Read Gallery

06-29-2014, 05:49 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some mundane architecture, the kind of once cool walk-up I dreamed of moving in to when I first left home 30 years ago (and it was already dated then).
06-30-2014, 07:08 AM   #9
Veteran Member

This challenge is closed.
Will post result and winners by tomorrow(Tuesday) noon, Malaysia time(GMT+8).
Thanks.
06-30-2014, 09:04 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Winners announced here.