Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Weekly Challenge #289 - Used
Posted By: Arjay Bee, 06-24-2014, 01:00 AM

Thanks to Tess for the honour of last weeks win. This week's theme is building on Tess's theme: Used

There are items and possessions (including cameras, cars, shoes. pencils, clothing, furniture, plush toys, dog play things) that aren't old necessarily but they are well used and loved and I would like you to show me pictures of these used items and also if you care to, share some of the ways in which these objects are special to you.

A fan in the art classroom of the school where I work with a couple of generations of students adding their creativity to the motor housing.

Some flotsam washed up on the local beach. The un-natural pink nylon jarring as always with the sand grains and 'used' shells.

Embedded in the bitumen of the road and well flattened -this spoon marks the start and end of the weekly walk.

This challenge will run until Tuesday July 1st at 5PM EST (Australia). Slightly shortens the time from a week for others but will be travelling again later next week. More photo ops. Yaaaay.

Every week, a new theme is picked and judged by the winner of the previous week.

Everyone is eligible to send in their best interpretation of the given theme, as long as the photo is taken with a Pentax/Samsung camera. Themes can be subject-oriented or technique-oriented.

Rules
1. Post ONE photo (max 1024x1024).
2. The photo must portray an interpretation of the theme.
3. Post your single picture in this thread and explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly theme (especially if it's not obvious).
4. The challenge is interactive. Any response is welcome.
5. The judge will pick the WINNERS and choose one of them to be the judge for the next week.
6. This challenge runs for 7 days plus an additional day for the judge to choose the winners.
7. Any Pentax (or Samsung DSLR) camera can be used.
8. Pictures can be from any time frame, not just within the week of the current theme.
9. In case the winner of a challenge is unable to become the judge for the next challenge, they will PM the #2 winner for that person to be the judge.

Have fun everyone.
Views: 4,835
06-30-2014, 10:31 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
A few hours to go... closing call.

07-01-2014, 01:45 AM   #32

On Top of a Church in Downtown San Diego

The weather vane from 1915.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
07-01-2014, 02:28 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Broken bottle beneath old wagon.

I took this photo in 1965, when I was a 20-year-old sailor stationed at NAS Moffett Field in Sunnyvale, California. I was prowling around an old farm in the hills outside of San Jose when I spied this dusty old bottle beneath a dilapidated, broken down wagon. After crawling around on my belly and pushing the cobwebs aside, I finally got this shot. The exposure information has long since been forgotten other that I was using a Pentax Spotmatic and a 50mm, f: 1.4 lens with Plus-X film. Both the bottle and the wagon had definitely been "used."

Last edited by Dewman; 03-25-2015 at 04:35 PM.
07-01-2014, 02:52 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Original Poster
This contest is now officially closed....
Results up in a short while.