Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Winners: Project 52-6-19-ARCHITECTURE-EXTERIOR
Posted By: mtux, 06-30-2014, 09:04 PM

Thanks guys for participating in this weeks challenge, it was nice to look at architectures around the world.

Bill2849, That spire coming out behind buildings looks like a futuristic and modern thing, and has a nice contrast with front buildings with brick exterior design.

smf, I like the way you framed this part of building, and it's textured blue sky background is very nice, however those trees are making it kinda busy.

patrick9, That's a cool looking twin buildings, I like your framing and leaving some grasses in the bottom. but again the background lowers the quality of shot and made it kinda busy.

Aerlind, Having part of two houses to show definition of next door neighbors works nice here, feels like a nice place to live. Also nice colors.

noelcmn, Wow, that's something Noel! Nice modern building. It could do better by having more of ground in frame, I reckon.

jmschrei, Nice PP and composition Joe, It feels like an abandoned place. But I think the amount of vignetting is a little over the top.

Results:
I give the first place and next week judgment honor to Bill because I really liked the contrast in his shot.

Second place will go to smf, it could have make the first place if those trees wasn't in sight.
and third place will be Aerlind

Thanks everyone.
Views: 1,104
07-01-2014, 04:38 AM   #2
smf
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations, Bill and Aerlind; thanks, mtux. I enjoyed seeing the photographs.

Last edited by smf; 07-01-2014 at 09:21 AM.
07-01-2014, 07:37 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Thank you mtux for the judging and for the first place nod. Congratulations to Stu (smf) and to Aerlind for your runners-up entries. I too enjoyed each of the photos.
07-01-2014, 12:29 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Bill2849, Stu and Aerlind. I also like that Spire coming so strongly in the background there Bill. Great shot! Thanks Mtux for Judging and commenting. You are right-I should have (and do actually have some photos incorporating more of the space around the building fro some months ago) included some more space around the building, but I had the 35-80mm lens from Single in June challenge-and was not even thinking of changing lenses.

07-01-2014, 05:21 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Mtux for judging and commenting. Congratulations Bill on the win. Also congratulations to Stu and Aerlind on the other spots. I hope to see everyone in Interiors