Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
WINNERS Project 52-6-20-architecture-interior
Posted By: Bill2849, 07-08-2014, 08:02 PM

Thanks to all who entered this week's event. I enjoyed each of your entries. Each of the entries had a different type of interior architecture and each had its own importance.

mtux – What stands out to me with your composition is the multiplicity of lines, angles and layers, including the contrast between the light areas on the top floor on the left side and the apparently dark areas on the upper floor on the right. The glass roofline seems to be skewed with the left side being a little higher than the right (most apparent at the upper far end of the building). I think this adds some tension to the photo (in a good kind of way).

Noelcmn -My first impression when I saw this photo was that it looked like a carnival ride where pods of riders are spun around a colorfully lit domed top. Very nicely framed and I like the colors here.

Patrick9 – I like the framing here also. It almost looks like a side-by-side comparison of two completely different rooms and the contrast between the colorful wall on the right and the more formal beige and off-white walls and doors on the left. A very interesting contrast.

Scomatic – You have chosen to go with your residential entry. The room seems to be bright and welcoming with a prominent and interesting fireplace (or is it just a mantlepiece). The colors and scene are sharp. This is a different and welcome take on interior architecture as it applies to notions of everyday living (as opposed to the interior architecture of public and/or commercial spaces).

The photo that communicated most strongly to me, and therefore the winner of this week's challenge is Noelcmn, as I was taken with the vibrancy and dynamism of his photo.

2nd place, by a whisker, goes to mtux. Patrick9 and Scomatic are awarded joint honorable mentions. Thank you all for entering.

I am looking forward to the Cityscape challenge.

Attached Images

Views: 1,142
07-08-2014, 09:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for comments and second place Bill.
That was the super entry Noel! congrats on the win. now you are the god of this week's challenge.
07-09-2014, 12:24 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh Wow, a little unexpected,. Personally, I thought the pic was too "busy" what with chandeliers, fans, speakers and some a circular ring of something! Thanks Bill2849. Appreciate that, though I will get you back for keeping me out of the Cityscape challenge, my favorite . I thought Mtux had it in the bag too-Congrats Mtux, and Patrick and Scomatic. Thanks too Bill, for judging and commenting. Good job-that excludes choosing the winner .. Good entries this time round, though few in number.
07-09-2014, 06:00 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks bill for judging and taking time to comment . Congratulations Noel on the win and Mtux on second. Nice shots everyone

07-09-2014, 06:15 PM   #5
Veteran Member

thanks bill... for taking time to comment and congratulation for Noel... the picture is awesome.