Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
WINNERS!! Project 52-6-22- SHAPES-Curves
Posted By: mtux, 07-21-2014, 01:31 AM

Thanks everyone for entering this weeks challenge and making my job harder to judge it.

scomatic, Other than natural curves in the flower, I see some amount of Heliosish swivel bokeh in the background which fits the theme too. but I a flower like that needs more in focus petals I think. it seems a little busy this way.
ChristianRock, All of us try that kind of bubble bokeh shots now and then, and the green background works nicely here. If there was some sort of harmony or shape in them that would make it much better, since human eye is accustomed and like to see and admire shapes.
tessfully, Nice to have you back here again, that's a beautiful set of flowers. I love its colors.
smf, Now that's a lovely flower curve. it is nice having the bud in frame too, but I guess maybe having only the curved petal could make a more stronger shot, considering the theme. also the front oof petal made the shot a little busy.
Srag, That's a creative way of portraying challenges theme. the fast shutter speed helped making the water freezed in action and showing so many things. The background seems in harmony with the curved spray of water, which seals the deal for me.
ramseybuckeye, Nicely framed shot. And there so many things for eye to wander around your shot, the curves in reflection are nice too.
normhead, Yes, you can find curves everywhere.
boozary, Interesting shot, the use of shallow DoF works pretty well here. I like the into your face feel of this shot. Maybe by stepping a little to left, you could have make a cleaner background for subject, to make an Ace shot out of that otherwise uninteresting object.
RollsUp, That's a great bird shot, nicely separated from background. the background is nice too.
Noelcmn, Oh, nice find Noel, I like it so much, the curve in it's neck. and your signature PP works nicely here.
jmschrei, Wonderful black and white landscape shot with some dramatic clouds. the rescue people are a bonus to your shot I reckon.
patrick9, A curved road was what I thought of first I saw the theme, and I wonder why no one came up with one of them. Nice handling of DR with a P&S cam.
odinkos, Welcome to the forum and P52 challenge. Good shot, well framed with the shadow of basket. I guess it's a tad dark on right side of basket, which a boost in shadows slider in LR could help bring some of the lost details in view.

Well, after wandering through all shots several times, I decided to give the winner and next week's judge honor to Srag with his nice and creative shot.

And our honorable mentions are RollsUp's bird shot and Noel's cool giraffe.

Thanks again everyone.
Views: 1,414
07-21-2014, 04:00 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations Srag on the win, also to Rollsup and Noel on placing. Thanks mtux on judging and the kind comments.
07-21-2014, 04:20 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's a lovely winning pic Srag, a worthy winner imho. Have tried that a few times, but able to get it so crisp. Congratulations are in order then. Thanks for the HM, and for the judging job Mtux. Very satisfying to see so many entries this time round.
07-21-2014, 07:49 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Congrats to Srag, your picture is amazing. Also congrats to Noel, RollsUp and mtux for judging and commenting!

That was a very exciting challenge, I would say! And I also feel I need to congratulate Joe on a fantastic shot even if it didn't win, because that picture was very inspiring to me!

07-21-2014, 09:19 AM   #5

hanks for your judging mtux and congratulation to Srag for winning this week's challenge
07-21-2014, 08:23 PM   #6
smf
Pentaxian

Congratulations to all, and thanks to mtux for the comments
07-23-2014, 07:34 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congrats to Srag, that was my favorite, the creativity caught my eye, and also RollsUp and Noel. Well done job mtux.