Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
PROJECT 52-6-23-SHAPES- Geometric Angles.
Posted By: noelcmn, 07-21-2014, 04:50 AM

Welcome to PROJECT 52-6 for the year 2014.

PROJECT 52-6-23-SHAPES-Geometric Angles

Images for Project 52-6-23 are to be taken between the 21th July 2014 and 27th July 2014.

This is a newish challenge to Project 52, so there are no previous winners. Some thoughts and inspiration can be found here!
Perspective distortion (photography) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Photography 101: Shape, Line, Texture, and Pattern | The Daily Post
Zenfolio | Outside The Lines Photography | I Like Photography Geometry....Lines And Angles And Patterns
And the inspiration for this challenge here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/129-weekly-photo-challenges/209160-weekly...27-angles.html

This challenge is about geometric angles-obtuse, acute, straight and right angles. Lets see what we can up with! Should be interesting.

Rules
1. Anyone and everyone interested in the challenge is eligible. The goal continues to be
have fun and share comments, concepts, insights, and techniques with fellow
Pentaxians.
2. Each week will feature a Theme and Sub-concept for you to explore.
3. Post your single picture in Project 52-6 thread for the week. Explain what
motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly
theme.
4. Some post-processing is OK (adjusting white balance, exposure, color
saturation), but let's try to stay away from heavily PP'ed images here. Try to
keep the creativity to photographic techniques and the captures themselves.
5. Since this project is about technique, and not camera, shots taken by non Pentax cameras are allowed.
Cameras may be SLRs, DSLRs, Point & Shoot, Medium Format, et cetera.
6. There is one “Theme Concept” labeled “black and white,” but feel free to post
black and white, sepia, monotone, etc., for any of the other themes.
7. The picture you post should be taken during the week in which the theme is
active to be eligible for judging.
8. Any picture taken from thread start date to listed closing date is acceptable. You may request to submit a photo outside of the time frame, but its acceptance is dependent o the judge of the week. Please try and keep to within a day or two (either way) of the week. This is to make allowances for those that would like to participate, but for one or other reason, are not able to do so during the time given for the challenge, such as illness, weather, travelling etc.
9. The WINNER of each weekly challenge is the JUDGE of the next week's Project 52-6.
10. The Facilitator (in this case noelcmn) may participate in the challenge, provided he/she is not the judge.
11. Closing date for the challenge is Sunday at midnight in your time zone. Late entries are accepted but subject to the acceptance by the current weeks
Judge.

Good luck everyone, and happy clicking!

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/129-weekly-photo-challenges/268055-projec...#ixzz386K9szt9

Last edited by noelcmn; 07-21-2014 at 05:32 AM.
Views: 2,529
07-21-2014, 05:42 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Seems interesting.
07-21-2014, 07:06 AM - 2 Likes   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
It is Something like this. I am loath to post an image that is not my entry, as it will appear on the thread. On th other hand I hate seeing a thread without a pic which is what we have. So if everyone will excuse me.
07-21-2014, 05:59 PM - 3 Likes   #4
Veteran Member

Geometric Living room

07-22-2014, 08:55 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mconwxdr Quote
How about a pre-earthquake Washington Monument shot.
That's a nice shot, I love it.

But there's an strict rule here in Project 52, which wants us to get out and shoot something during the time frame of this challenge. and I like it because that's the fun part of it.
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
Images for Project 52-6-23 are to be taken between the 21th July 2014 and 27th July 2014.
07-22-2014, 09:06 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My bad. I noticed that right after I submitted it and removed it.
07-24-2014, 10:49 AM - 3 Likes   #7
Veteran Member

The Bench

07-25-2014, 11:35 AM - 2 Likes   #8

Hi there, This is my picture

07-26-2014, 06:48 AM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

My entry
I've shot this in a shopping mall. with DA35ltd the lady in background was bright, so I had to choose an exposure which is between that brightness and darkness on foreground things. and brought up the shadows in post.

07-27-2014, 04:28 AM - 3 Likes   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Mine-got into trouble taking this photo. I have taken images of this tower several times before, but on this occasion I was accosted by the security guard and told I was not allowed to take photos at the shopping center, and I of course challenged him on that, based on the fact that I had done this on previous occasions, and was never stopped. Before I really got angry, I told him he must get the management to put up a sign " Right of admission reserved", or "no photography allowed". Can't stand the high level of distrust in some places.

Last edited by noelcmn; 07-27-2014 at 05:04 AM.
07-27-2014, 07:38 AM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Okay, I'll give it a try. There is a new timber frame home going up near work. I took a look up at what will be the great room ceiling. It's just framed up sky right now.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
07-27-2014, 08:34 AM - 1 Like   #12
Pentaxian

I didn't run across a good candidate, but I did see this fly over a few nights ago, and I think it qualifies. I'll be happy to bring up the rear this week. :-)

07-27-2014, 05:20 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I took a number of shots at this war memorial plaza in the city where there are a number of interesting geomentric shapes and angles. However the very harsh light left me with too many unsatisfactory shots. So I settled on this bench because the lines and shade added interest. These benches are spread across the plaza and the base is a rusted metal plate with a stylized poppy. I have yet to see too many people sit on them but skateboarders love them!
07-27-2014, 06:51 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great entries this week. I am afraid life got in the way and I will have to sit this week out.
Sitting here I saw this rug my wife bought a couple of weeks ago. If it is not to late I will submit this shot
Attached Images

Last edited by patrick9; 07-27-2014 at 09:01 PM.
07-29-2014, 10:02 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hi everyone, I have contacted Srag via PM about judging this round of Project 52-6, but have had no response. I think we give it until Thursday morning my time, and if there is still no response, we will ask RollsUp, who received the HM alongside of myself, seeing that he has not entered this weeks challenge. That will give it some objectivity. Unless someone wants to nominate another Forumite to judge, it must be someone that has not entered the challenge.