Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Winners #292 Ordinary Miracles
Posted By: Rense, 07-31-2014, 12:24 PM

Thanks to all participants of the Weekly Challenge #292 with the Theme Ordinary Miracles. You all made the judging a challenge in itself.... I loved your contributions, I loved your stories, and above all I love the fact that apparently many photographers have an eye for ordinary things. The wonder is in the eye of the beholder!

Judging isn't easy, and like before - too long ago - I mainly let my feeling speak. Which photo speaks to my emotions? From that point, I question myself what I think about composition and other photography skills. I know, giving priority to emotion (do I feel touched by a photo?) makes judging highly subjective, but that is how I like to see photography... And: probably tomorrow would have another winner.... But we're living today, and for me today there's just one winner:

Tess
What a wonderful serene picture of something completely ordinary. It's just amazing: the silhouettes of the trees through the snow, fading in the background, the subdued colours, and the lonely gull in the foreground.... Excellent, worth of framing! Well done, just miraculous!

I selected two runner-ups:

Reeftool
Great shot, lively scene and great background. Just a pity - for you - Tess submitted her entry...

Joe
With the monochrome Althea flower in the sunlight. You're right: a bit of sunlight makes the ordinary a miracle....

Thanks again to all participants, I loved all your entries, but I had to pick one....
Views: 1,665
07-31-2014, 12:53 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Lovely winning shot, Tess! Thanks for an inspiring theme, Rense.
07-31-2014, 01:15 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats Tess, fab shot, as usual from you! And for the HM's Reeftool and Joe. Stunning collection in this challenge, so a hearty thanks to Rense for a great theme, and for judging.
OK Tess-Roll the dice!
07-31-2014, 04:05 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Tess. Such a lovely shot for a hot day (though I understand central Canada is not so warm this summer). Congrats as well to Richard and a thanks to Rense for third. I wondered what these flowers were - of course you would know!

07-31-2014, 05:26 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Congrats to Tess for a fine photo. I live in snow country and know how difficult it is to capture a scene like that. Well done!
07-31-2014, 07:43 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Congrats to everyone!!! I loved seeing all the photos!
08-01-2014, 12:13 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well done the winners! Excellent images all.

08-01-2014, 03:37 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Thank you so miuch Rense! I am really surprised as there were many entries I thought winners. Congratulations to reeftool and Joe --- lovely images, both very special. Thanks to everyone who entered... it was a great line-up.

I have a problem with hosting the next challenge as I will be away on a working holiday. I think protocol is I pass the honour onto the next runner up. So, Reeftool, are you able to host the next challenge?
08-01-2014, 04:57 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Congratulations!

Congratulations to Tess, Reeftool and Joe, fine entries!
Ron
08-01-2014, 05:06 AM   #10
Site Supporter

Congrats to Tess and the other winners in the challenge.Rense did have his hands full with the judging in this challenge.I am looking forward to the next one--charliezap
08-01-2014, 08:07 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Thank you so miuch Rense! I am really surprised as there were many entries I thought winners. Congratulations to reeftool and Joe --- lovely images, both very special. Thanks to everyone who entered... it was a great line-up.

I have a problem with hosting the next challenge as I will be away on a working holiday. I think protocol is I pass the honour onto the next runner up. So, Reeftool, are you able to host the next challenge?
I'm up! Congratulations again. The new challenge is posted!