Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
WINNERS: PROJECT 52-6-24-SHAPES-Circles, spheres and round shapes
Posted By: mtux, 08-04-2014, 06:28 AM

Thanks everybody for your participation, Tess left the judgment to me for this week, So here we goes around our entries.

scomatic, Wow, That's an exceptional shot, really professional, being a little familiar with the Mooncake festival, I think it's a very good poster for it. cakes and the tea pot are really welcoming and those yellow flowers framing all this are the perfect touch. The only think my mind need out of it is a little rotation counter clockwise. there are some strong vertical lines which need a little rotation to make them strait.

OK, I have to pass over my own shot

Tessfully, What a nice looking fruits, I haven't seen them before, I guess they should taste sour, correct? I like your interpretation of the theme, they separated from the background nicely. and the touch of web is interesting.

robjmitchell, Fantastic subject for a black and white conversion, and a nice conversion. the idea of using a wide aperture was a good one, and there's plenty of background to know where it was. Having so many different interpretation of the theme is really interesting.

noelcmn, Those balls seem like brothers standing together. I like their reflection and the contrast between red balls and blue water is intriguing.

jmschrei, I think it's a long time since the last time I've seen apples on the tree. really nice patch of fruits. And your point of view made the shot for me.

jcdoss, That's a fantastic capture, it's perfectly aligned and it's one of those 2D looking shots which feels very nice as being a 2D interpretation of a 3D scene. and the symmetry is awesome.

patrick9, Good for you to be able to clean up old lenses. I guess adding some screwdriver or tools like that into frame could make it a nice representation of a work that's been done here. And I found that yellow thing to be little distraction to main subject.

boozary, Nice, soft flower is always interesting, and the PoV and your framing woks pretty well here. this is one of rare times I think placing the subject at dead center really make it more prominent. However an square crop could make it even more interesting. I guess it needs a little more love in PP.

Thanks everybody, I enjoyed participating with all you here. I really like this challenge.

Our winner and this week's judge is jcdoss

The second place will goes to robjmitchell, and boozary deserves to be mentioned as third place.

Last edited by mtux; 08-10-2014 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Changing the results, because of out of time frame shot.
Views: 2,529
08-04-2014, 10:47 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for taking on the judging duties Mtux, and for commenting too! Great choice for a winner there, crisp and inviting. Congrats Scomatic, send the address for tea . Congrats too to Jcdoss and Robmitchell! I agree with you Mtux, these challenges are enjoyable, not to mention challenging. Now to get some repetition going!
08-04-2014, 05:22 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Mtux for judging and taking the time to comment.
Congratulations on the win Scomatic that is a super shot. Congratulations toJcdoss and Robmitchell on 2nd and 3rd. See you all in the next challenge.
08-04-2014, 06:08 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Huh? I won this? I can't believe myself, i though Jcdoss shot is gonna get the winner.
Anyway... thanks for the judge... I wish i can do better in next challenge. Cheer~

08-04-2014, 06:52 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by scomatic Quote
Huh? I won this? I can't believe myself, i though Jcdoss shot is gonna get the winner.
It really was a tough decision choosing between you two.
08-04-2014, 08:40 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Great work everyone, and fantastic shot scomatic! Congrats! Keep em coming for this week's challenge!
08-05-2014, 12:03 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Scomatic, regrettably, you are not able to enter the next challenge, seeing that you will be the judge. That will teach you to post winning photos here . I see you have already posted an entry to the next Project 52 challenge- We will leave it there as an example, so please do not remove it!

08-05-2014, 01:24 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Scomatic, regrettably, you are not able to enter the next challenge, seeing that you will be the judge. That will teach you to post winning photos here . I see you have already posted an entry to the next Project 52 challenge- We will leave it there as an example, so please do not remove it!
Ok... noted. But i'm not an good judgement... hope can learn from u all ya.
08-05-2014, 03:05 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm sure you will do OK- just go with your gut feeling and tell us why!
08-05-2014, 08:07 AM - 1 Like   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
And I guess, you'll learn somethings when you're trying to explain why you like a photo. ;-)
08-05-2014, 06:02 PM   #11
Veteran Member

thanks all... hope u all can support me on my monthly contest as well ya...
08-09-2014, 03:34 AM   #12

QuoteOriginally posted by scomatic Quote
Anyway... thanks for the judge... I wish i can do better in next challenge. Cheer~
You stole that image off google and passed it on as your own..
08-09-2014, 11:51 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Uhm! What is this about? Scomatic,perhaps you can defend yourself?
08-09-2014, 09:02 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That's unbelievable. but it seems celticboy is right. :/

I guess, This photo should been disqualified and I should update winners list. correct Noel?

And I suggest we add a (soft?) rule to ask people to keep the EXIF data of posted photos intact.