Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Winners #293: Power Lines
Posted By: reeftool, 08-09-2014, 04:42 PM

This has been difficult to judge because there is so much diversity in these shots. I expected a bird or two and there were several and even monkeys! Abstracts, landscapes and cityscapes. I actually hate picking winners because this is so subjective but I'm singling out three.

Third place, Arjay Bee: The shot is a simple B&W landscape but the power lines draw my eye right through the photo. Well done!

Second place, Annatefkah: Some creative PP effects but they work well in this shot.

And the winner is, john1973! I really loved this shot the minute I saw it. I'll admit to being a DA 10-17 lover and I have attempted a few similar shots but nowhere near as nice as this. Your shot turned some industrial electrical transmission towers and lines into a piece of art. Congratulations on a great shot!

Views: 1,401
08-09-2014, 08:43 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I concur with your decision reeftool.

Of the images presented this one has the greatest impact on reasons of style and colour and composition. Well done John1973.

I enjoyed the images presented and look forward to the next subect. (BTW thanks for the 3rd.)
08-10-2014, 04:29 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Also concur with that choice reeftool. Stunning image and a hearty congratulations is in order John1973. Lovely symmetry too! Congrats extended to Arjay Bee and Annatefkah. What stunning PP on that one Annatefkah. Thanks reeftool for taking on the judging duties and standing in for Tess. Another pleasure-to-see loaded challenge-lovely images all round everyone!
08-10-2014, 08:55 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Thank you Reeftool for a surprisingly inspiring challenge that drew a number of excellent entries and thank you for the judging, which in this case could not have been easy. You chose a very worthy winner and 2 very worthy runners-up. Congratulations to John1973 for your stunning image and to Annatefkah and Arjay Bee for your second and third place honors and thanks to the other entrants for a number of inspiring images.

08-10-2014, 09:26 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Good one.
08-11-2014, 07:00 AM   #6

Yippee!!

Hello everybody,

Thanks for choosing my entry as the winning one and all the positive replies! This is my first winning entry on this forum, so I would like to know how to proceed from here regarding a time-frame for setting the next challenge and if I should start a new thread for the entries.

Greetings,
John.
08-11-2014, 07:44 AM   #7
Veteran Member

John -

Congratulations again.

Yes, as winner it is your responsibility to set the theme for the next challenge and to choose the winner and runners-up for the challenge. Some hosts will comment on each entry but this is not a requirement.

As far as time frame, promptness is a virtue, so if you could post it maybe within the next day or 2 that would be great.

The theme can be whatever you like but should not be a repeat of very recent challenges. If you need any assistance in posting the next challenge, just let us know.

I'm looking forward to your challenge.

Best wishes,
Bill

08-11-2014, 10:25 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, you should start a new thread for the next challenge. Copy the previous hosts opening thread, post it to you new challenge and change the dates, theme etc etc. You must also choose a closing date and time for the challenge, and as this is a weekly challenge, about 7-10 days is usually acceptable. Also look forward to your challenge.
08-11-2014, 12:00 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Power Up?

Congratulations, John! A fine photo and worthy winner. Honors also to Arjay Bee + Annatefkah, well done.
Thanks Reeftool, interesting theme this week.
What's next, John?
Ron
08-12-2014, 06:57 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Congrats to John for his fine image and the runners up.---Looking forward to the next challenge.--charliezap
08-13-2014, 01:39 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats John! Great series of photos, I liked the entries!