Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread

PROJECT 52-6-28-Perspective-Vanishing Point
Posted By: noelcmn, 08-25-2014, 12:00 AM

Welcome to PROJECT 52-6 for the year 2014.

PROJECT 52-6-28-PERSPECTIVE-Vanishing Point

Images for Project 52-6-28 are to be taken between the 25th August 2014 and 31st August 2014.

Rules
1. Anyone and everyone interested in the challenge is eligible. The goal continues to be
have fun and share comments, concepts, insights, and techniques with fellow
Pentaxians.
2. Each week will feature a Theme and Sub-concept for you to explore.
3. Post your single picture in Project 52-6 thread for the week. Explain what
motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly
theme.
4. Some post-processing is OK (adjusting white balance, exposure, color
saturation), but let's try to stay away from heavily PP'ed images here. Try to
keep the creativity to photographic techniques and the captures themselves.
5. Since this project is about technique, and not camera, shots taken by non Pentax cameras are allowed.
Cameras may be SLRs, DSLRs, Point & Shoot, Medium Format, et cetera.
6. There is one “Theme Concept” labeled “black and white,” but feel free to post
black and white, sepia, monotone, etc., for any of the other themes.
7. The picture you post should be taken during the week in which the theme is
active to be eligible for judging.
8. Any picture taken from thread start date to listed closing date is acceptable. You may request to submit a photo outside of the time frame, but its acceptance is dependent o the judge of the week. Please try and keep to within a day or two (either way) of the week. This is to make allowances for those that would like to participate, but for one or other reason, are not able to do so during the time given for the challenge, such as illness, weather, travelling etc.
9. The WINNER of each weekly challenge is the JUDGE of the next week's Project 52-6.
10. The Facilitator (in this case noelcmn) may participate in the challenge, provided he/she is not the judge.
11. Closing date for the challenge is Sunday at midnight in your time zone. Late entries are accepted but subject to the acceptance by the current weeks
Judge.

This weeks challenge is Vanishing Point, which appeared only in the first Project 52, but also in the Weekly Competitions. It has produced a few cracking shots, and is a regular feature of images on the Forum. Lets see what we can come up with.

Some inspiration from past winners:

And this from the Weekly competition

Good luck everyone, and happy clicking!

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/129-weekly-photo-challenges/270637-projec...#ixzz3BNrXIvp5
Views: 2,717
08-31-2014, 06:36 AM   #16
Veteran Member

hi all,
Would like to grant me 1 more day for finding the photo. Ok? Yesterday and today going out whole but get no competitionable photo. Sorry ya...

Regards

08-31-2014, 10:33 AM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well I did it again I went out this morning between rains, with 2 objectives in mind Try out a Nikon d70 I just got and take my K-30 for a spin. Since I have been using the DL mostly lately. I got out for the challenge got my K-30 out and no memory cards.in the bag nor camera. Thank goodness for rule 5. I had the D70 card in camera so my entry this week is taken with it, and M24/2.8 . Around F22 , 1/50, iso 200,
I took a few more traditional shots that fit this theme. Radio tower bridges paths etc I decided to go a different route and chose the slightly misty spring /creek instead.
08-31-2014, 12:02 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I like some of the out-of-the-box thinking around here. Great stuff. I'm going more conventional, the only suitable subject really, though I have tried a few things-none of them suitably strong enough. A small- about 20 meter bridge at Zoo Lake where I do my daily 9km exercise walk. Taken on one of those walks.
08-31-2014, 03:41 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by scomatic Quote
hi all,
Would like to grant me 1 more day for finding the photo. Ok? Yesterday and today going out whole but get no competitionable photo. Sorry ya...

Regards
According to the time zone I'm sitting in, you've got 10 hours and 21 minutes left until the deadline is up. Is that enough time for you to get your competitionable photo?

08-31-2014, 05:34 PM   #20
Veteran Member

I not think so I able to, but at least I should try my best
08-31-2014, 09:45 PM - 1 Like   #21
Veteran Member

Let's start my photo of the week... i hope this meet your theme.

Vanishing point in swimming pool~
09-01-2014, 04:56 PM   #22
Veteran Member

I forgot to close the competition at 12 am last night. I'll try and get the results up by tonight.

09-02-2014, 05:13 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Posted the winners here.