Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
WINNERS - PROJECT 52-6-28-PERSPECTIVE-Vanishing Point
Posted By: RollsUp, 09-02-2014, 05:10 PM

Sorry for the delay in getting the winners of last weeks Project 52 posted. The following comments are just my views on the submitted images, so take them with a grain of salt.

mtux - Detail and color of the Hibiscus against the green background looks very nice. I like that it matches the color of the person? at the end of the road. Nice use of the DA 21.

ChristianRock - Ah.. the good old train track vanishing point photo. The B & W conversion looks good with this image. The receipt is nice and sharp that makes me wonder what it was for. Glad to see an image taken with a K lens in this competition.

Murfy - The exposure and dof is spot on IMO. The leading trail into the woods makes me wonder where and what it leads to.

Bill2849 - I like the opposing lines leading to the light at the end. Nice work on a high contrast scene.

boozary - The subtle curve of the road on the bottom left opposed to the sharp curve on the other leading into the city is pleasing to my eye. That and the contrasting colors of the fading night sky and the foreground makes this image of a place that I can only imagine about very nice.

jmschrei - The texture of the bark and leaves is amazing in this image. The trunk leading up to the branches and leaves among the subtle skies is very pleasing. I was curious about it being taken with a 6mm lens and wondered what lens you used with your Pentax DSLR. Imagine my surprise when I found out you took this with an MX-1!

patrick9 - I like this! It feels so calm, serene and quiet like. The mist at the far end is very subtle and a bit mysterious to me.

noelcmn - Wow. The walkway leading to the distant trees, into what looks like a trail, in a subtle angle is a perfect representation of this theme. The shadow of the railing really adds to this image.

scomatic - Good job in finding a subject in the last hours of the competition, it definitely fits the theme this time. I like the dark lines under the swimming pool leading to the far edge of the pool. I'm wondering if they'd be a bit more dramatic if this was shot from a little higher vantage point. A polarizing filter would help in minimizing the reflections but, I think they are not all that distracting to me. My personal suggestion would be to level the horizon and crop out the bottom three lines of the swimming pool.

jcdoss - A nice abstract image of a windowless building? Without a horizon to tell if this image is straight and with all the lines and angles leading up to the top makes this image very interesting to look at.

Now on to the top three images of my choice.

3rd - ChristianRock
2nd - Murfy
1st and next weeks judge - Noelcmn

Congratulations everyone.
Views: 1,402
09-02-2014, 05:21 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks Rollsup for judging and the kind words.
Congratulations Noel on the win Congratulations also ChristianRock and Murfy on 3rd and 2nd places. Nice job everyone
09-02-2014, 06:14 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Congratulations to Noel and Murfy - I loved your interpretations of the theme, both out of the box thinking which lead to great pictures

And thanks a lot to RollsUp - for taking the time to comment on everyone's pictures! You obviously spent quite a bit of time on this!
09-02-2014, 07:08 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Congrats to Noel, Murfy and ChristianRock for the win.
Thanks RollsUp for judgment and kind comments. I have to admit if it wasn't because of this challenge I wouldn't try shooting a flower like that. Thanks Noel.

09-02-2014, 07:14 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Congratulations noelcmn, and to everyone who participated!
09-02-2014, 07:34 PM   #6

Thank you RollsUp for judging and good comments, congratulation to noel for wining
09-02-2014, 08:04 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Congratulations to noelcmn for your win, to Murfy and ChristianRock for your runner-up placements. Thank you RollsUp for your comments on each of the entries and for your judging. And thanks to the other entrants for sharing your interpretations of this theme.

09-02-2014, 10:51 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have too many enemies on this Forum , now RollsUp is added to the list-for keeping me away from my K30-again. Not fair! Seriously though, appreciate the win, for a shot of what was really a random exercise, as I went looking for what I can shoot for this challenge. As noted, the bridge is probably about 20 meters or so, not very long and thought I would try it out-the shadows were not part of the intention. I am honored, as there were some cracking good shots here, and like Scomatic, I thought Bill had bagged this one. And ChristianRock's image is gorgeous. Ah well, I'll go shoot just for the fun of it this weekend! I'll get you back RollsUp . And Congratulations to ChristianRock and Murfy. And of course thanks to RollsUp for a fine judging exercise.
09-03-2014, 05:45 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I have not polarizing filter which can help me at all. By the way, the picture is taken with Bell & Howell 28mm Lens at F2.8, and another cheap lens enter the competition again... haha...

I was though Bill is gonna win in top 3. anyway... congraturation to ChristianRock, Murfy and especially Noel... Thanks RollUp for guidance...
09-03-2014, 07:11 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thank you for the complements on my image, Congratulations on the noelcm for the win. Everyone's images were really good
09-03-2014, 07:27 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Hi,
Actually i done with few shot... May u all review on my other picture, which is try attempted for this competition actually.

09-04-2014, 03:42 PM - 1 Like   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Your last one might have made a decent entry for this weeks leading lines if it had been taken this week instead. It has leading lines on the bridge leading to the tree.