Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
WINNERS! PROJECT 52-6-34-FOCUS-In focus
Posted By: mtux, 10-13-2014, 01:00 AM

Thanks guys for participating in another Project 52 challenges.
Since this weeks challenge was in focus, I think there's not any special thing to look for in a photo, thus making the judgment easier, so I can choose what is more appealing.
Let's see what do we have from everyone this week:

ramseybuckeye, Nice everyday scene captured, Good for you to have such a nice sky. (We don't have it here) That big coca cola sign on the wall is what is bold in your shot and it's contrast to the sky make it even more bold.
jmschrei, You've shot and processed a nice classic black and white landscape, the row of grasses and the dark sky made it really nice.
tessfully, That's a nice camping site Tess, Have you been there? I like all the included details as well as those autumn colors, feel like last days which you can camp there.
Bill2849, Lovely amount of detail and a nice and different interpretation of this theme, It can make a nice background I reckon.
patrick9, Beside the pool, there could have been a nice story there.
noelcmn, A unique scene for me to look at, I like it that you included a little bit of foreground make me feel better. and those colorful boats with their reflection. so calm and inviting scene.
jcdoss, Such an engaging shot, even though it seems like a cliched composition, it's still nice and working. I love road shots, but those repeating light pols on left and trees on right, and just add a nice looking bridge. that's great, one thing this shot lacks is a nice blue sky, but I know that's sometimes beyond our hands.
scomatic, This is a really creative thinking I say. Like your chosen frame, lines of the bench with those trees on the left, and people passing at the end of those lines which already drawn me there. I think waiting for more interesting people to pass by is one of things to make this even more interesting.

This week's winner is JCDoss,

With scomatic very close at second place and jmschrei at third place.
Views: 1,196
10-13-2014, 01:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

wow... mtux, your comment and the closing event is so sharp. I like it...
Anyway... thanks for the value added comment, special congrats to Jcdoss and jmschrei.

By the way, I do like noel's picture.
10-13-2014, 03:32 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah, I thought Scomatic's shot had it in the bag-must have been pretty close. Congrats JCDoss (again) and Scomatic and Joe. Thanks for judging Mtux-great work.
10-13-2014, 03:46 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Congratulations JC! Nice image, very effectively composed, skillfully shot. Thank you for judging and for the great comments on all the images mtux. That was a wonderful line-up to chose from.

The Prospector Tent is in our backyard. It has a queen bed, love seat, table and even a small bookshelf. We also have a wood stove for it, but it's not installed. When we have lots of guests we use the tent as an overflow. That shot of mine is the opposite of orderly or symmetrical... kind of representative of the messiness of fall and our silly human attempts to "rake" up the clutter.

10-13-2014, 04:22 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

.Thanks Mtux for judging and commenting. The sad story was that I was supposed to be working on all the things in the shot .But instead was standing there watching it rain. well I am rested anyway.
Congratulations JCon the win. Congrts. to Scomatic and Joe on placing .
10-13-2014, 05:41 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Congratulations to JC for a truly compelling shot and to Scomatic and Joe for placing.
Thank you Mtux for your comments on all the entries and for your judging.
10-13-2014, 06:00 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
The Prospector Tent is in our backyard. It has a queen bed, love seat, table and even a small bookshelf. We also have a wood stove for it, but it's not installed. When we have lots of guests we use the tent as an overflow. That shot of mine is the opposite of orderly or symmetrical... kind of representative of the messiness of fall and our silly human attempts to "rake" up the clutter.
Oh, Then you have a fantastic backyard there.

---------- Post added 10-13-14 at 09:02 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Yeah, I thought Scomatic's shot had it in the bag-must have been pretty close. Congrats JCDoss (again) and Scomatic and Joe. Thanks for judging Mtux-great work.
It was really close, but still that walk way with row of light pols won over me.

10-13-2014, 06:11 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Thanks for the nod, mtux! I'm surprised to come off with this week's top spot... I was wishing for a more dramatic sky than what I had here, but I'm honored by your kind words. I also thought scomatic was going to walk off with the win this week. Congrats to all scomatic and jmschrei for placing, and to everyone for participating. Thanks again mtux for judging. See you next week!
10-13-2014, 03:03 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations Jason, I think that's a real winner! Good jon Scomatic and Joe too! Nice contest mtux!