Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Winners - Project 52-6-37-shutter-bulb
Posted By: tessfully, 11-03-2014, 10:06 AM

It is really great that people took the time to try something new. Thanks Noel for the challenge.

As I still haven't tried this at home I can only guess at the difficulties and learning curve. Every picture entered has great merit, utilizing the shutter bulb technique. The prettiest photo, and first place is Scomatic's star trails. A very effective composure and exposure. I also really like Mehrdad's black and white cityscape. Again, nice composition and the rendering appeals to me. (Too bad you didn't get the drama of cloud movement you wanted. Darn uncooperative weather!) For third I like Bill's lit yard and twin ghosts.The light really pulls my eye into the scene, and I find the leaves on the ground very cool. And honourable mentions to Noel and Patrick... you guys ALL rock!!

Views: 1,554
11-03-2014, 06:10 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks Tess for judging and commenting as well as the honorable mention.
Well done Scomatic and congratulations on the win.
congratulations to Mtux , Bill, and Noel as well .
11-03-2014, 11:49 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Thanks tess for elected me! mtux... your picture look real potential! Nice!
Bill and noel, good try ya!

Another week of judging... Hope see you all again ya!
11-04-2014, 12:59 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Oh! thank you Tess, I really didn't expect to be the second
But the winner was clear. Congrats Scomatic for your second win! you are on the roll of winning.
Congrats to whoever tried this hard theme.

11-04-2014, 07:35 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Congrats everyone for a nice set of images! Turns out, my camera has an assinine implementation of bulb mode. On my Pentax K30 (which I no longer own), I could press the shutter once to initiate the exposure, and press again to stop it. Not so on my NEX-6 (on which I use only Pentax manual focus lenses). For this, I must press and hold the shutter to keep it open! I was unable to obtain a remote in time for the challenge, which explains my absence. Too bad, too, because i was hoping to try some star trails like Scomatic did!

Congrats again, and thanks Tess for judging the field and your insightful comments as usual!
11-09-2014, 02:17 PM   #6
Pentaxian

I like to call out dumbness when I see it, especially when it's my own. Therefore, it is my duty to inform you that after trying and failing to participate in this challenge, I ordered a remote release for my NEX-6. It didn't work, and boy did that tick me off. Until... I remembered I had to switch the camera to remote release mode. Then it worked. Then I downloaded one of the apps that allegedly was supposed to work with the NEX-6, and that worked too. Dammit! The room is spinning from all the dumbness!
11-10-2014, 05:13 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It is always nice to know I am not the only one that has these attacks.