Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
#304 "ecstatic" - Winners
Posted By: chti, 11-10-2014, 01:16 PM

I guess "ecstatic" wasn`t the easiest challenge past week. Nevertheless - the pictures you have posted here are great. Thank you for all these pictures full of emotions. Thatīs what I wanted to see: Pure emotions. It wasnīt easy at all to find a clear winner.

Noelpolars pic made me laugh a lot, I didnīt expect ecstatic animals here, but it works! That bird seems so delighted about the lunch flying into its mouth - great job!
You can feel the smell of victory and success in three different situations in three pics here: Bowling (K David), Hockey (MadMathMind) and university (crewl1). In all these photos the ecstatic moment is perfectly caught - well done guys!
Thumbs up also for the contributions of mattb123 (I can imagine this emotional moment being on top finally, especially in this amazing landscape), charliezap (these guys look so happy and relaxed - I love it), Hattifnatt (must have been a lovely moment) and SpecialK (if children cannot display their ecstatic happiness - who else?). Another photo I really love is the one Arjay Bee posted. This old couple is really awesome. You can see that they feel the same love as they did many years ago! Pure happiness, pure emotion, pure love. Fantastic.
Forgive me if I donīt make a statement for every contribution - I like every one!

But there is one pic that really struck me: Sundown Sand Dance by Tessfully. Good composition, beautiful and warm colours and this movement frozen in the pic. A move that only a child can do that way. A child having fun, enjoying life. The picture is technically perfectly mastered, and it is ecstatic. Congratulations, tessfully. For me your are the winner of this weeks contest!

Attached Images

Views: 1,583
11-10-2014, 01:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Oh yes, excellent.
11-10-2014, 01:51 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats to Tess for a very fine photo. I'm looking forward to her challenge.--charliezap
11-10-2014, 02:00 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And another winner from you Tess- deservedly so too. What lovely emotion expressed here. CONGRATULATIONS. Thanks Chti for an intriguing challenge-good images that came through. Thanks for judging duties fulfilled!

11-10-2014, 02:08 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice job to everyone, especially Tess. Great shot!
11-10-2014, 02:10 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Tess, and all the other entries too!
11-10-2014, 03:41 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good job everybody! I kinda knew that photo was gonna win since I first saw it and it's well deserved.

11-11-2014, 05:33 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Thank You Chti!!! Thank you for the challenge and for the wonderful comments. Loved your theme and all the entries. Good work everyone.

The girl in the photo is Chloe. I took her mom, mom's boyfriend (a very famous footballer in England), and her little sister on a wilderness canoe trip this past summer. They had a marvellous time dancing on the beach, paddling, hiking and swimming, and took to Canadian wilderness tripping like they were born to it. The footballer star, however, did not like roughing it one bit!!

New theme up soon. Thanks again for the honours Chti
11-11-2014, 10:37 AM   #9
Forum Member

Original Poster
You are welcome, Tess! Your picture well deserved to win that challenge. Good job!
And now Iīm really curious to see what your challenge will be
Cheers,
Yann
11-11-2014, 10:48 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by chti Quote
You are welcome, Tess! Your picture well deserved to win that challenge. Good job!
And now Iīm really curious to see what your challenge will be
Cheers,
Yann
Hi Yann, the new theme can be found here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/129-weekly-photo-challenges/278664-weekly...t-thought.html

You can say I moved from your extroverted theme 'ecstasy' to a more introverted idea that I am hoping will also grab imaginations.