Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Results - Project 52, Week 1 - History
Posted By: DanLoc78, 05-21-2008, 08:12 AM

It was very difficult to judge these photographs, as all deserved at a minimum an honorable mention. But instead of going through all the hassle of creating a poll then waiting another week, I figure it's easiest just to do it this way. Without further delay, here are the top three.

#3. Top. Gothic Church by axl. Nothing says history like an old English church, and the lighting/exposure of the photo is really well done.
#2. Middle. Old Chinese building by roentarre. Ditto above about old Chinese buildings and a very creative spin on one at that. The high contrast black and white with a fisheye lens tilted...works very well here.
#1. Week One Winner. Bottom. Renovation? by Douglas_of_Sweden. This photo just speaks to you. From the graffiti on the old bench to the elderly man staring at the old motorbike. It makes you wonder what is going through his mind at the time the photo was taken.

Well done Douglas, and thanks to everyone else for submitting photos!

Douglas, as the winner this week, it would be great if you would judge the week 2 entries (shadows). The post has already been created in the mini-challenges forum.

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo   

Views: 1,847
05-21-2008, 08:21 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I really like the motorbike shot, it's ready for print, framing, and selling as far as I'm concerned.
05-21-2008, 01:48 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you!

Thank you DanLoc78, user440 and others! I'm really pleased to be this honored.
I'm quite happy with the picture myself. Think I will do more BW with the DSLRs. I've been missing it.
It must be almost 20 years since I last won a photo competition of any sort. Having my background in the local photo club where I grow up, I know how hard it is to compare photos. It is always subjective. But it is enough that one person, like what I caught with the camera.
It it will be an honor to be the next judge, and I'm looking forward to see what you can do on "shadows".

I'll be out of town and maybe away from the internet from tomorrow, but will be back in good time on Sunday.

From wikipedia:
"A shadow is a region of darkness where light is blocked by an object. It occupies all of the space behind an opaque object with light in front of it. The cross section of a shadow is a two-dimensional silhouette, or reverse projection of the object blocking the light."
A bit limited? But don't forget the other meanings of shadow: in psychology, mythology, detective and spy stories, rain shadow etc. etc.
05-21-2008, 11:21 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Congrats Douglas... it's a wonderful shot.

OMG... Shadows revisited

05-22-2008, 07:22 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Congratulations Doug, a wonderful shot.