Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
WINNERS-Project 52-6-44 -Open Theme-The choice is yours.
Posted By: noelcmn, 12-23-2014, 11:24 AM

Here are my comments and thoughts on the entries. Thanks everyone for entering-a real interesting line-up this week.

whk1992-Terrific shot, composition is exquisite as are the colors. Did you use a light source for this one- looks like it.
mtux- A shot I have seen already, and one I like very much, attention fixed firmly on the snail, despite it being a very small part of the image. Lovely bokeh and a vanishing point too!
ramseybuckeye-Another terrific shot, loads of texture, but that cat is very appealing, sharply focused despite that you were OUTSIDE. Love the movement of dark to light on this one.
tessfully-You’ve got one envious judge here, having seen snow only two or three times and still coveting to see some more. You are quite right, well worth the effort on this shot-almost dreary, but still appealing in an odd sort of way. Palpable stillness!
patrick9-Well, another dose of envy emanating from around here. Mmmm, delectable, colourful, stopping the hand from reaching out to try just one! Fantastic food shot.
normhead-Accusing the judge of wrestling tactics sometimes helps . Lovely BIF, and that background is to die for! I perceive beautifully timed shot here, getting that wingtip showing beautifully.
jcdoss-What an interesting shot! Kudos just for choosing something unusual and stimulating, and suddenly I want to be a brain surgeon and dissect some of those interesting bits. Is that an anatomical model?- if so, your PP is also superb.
RollsUp-She is beautiful, and her beauty is very well captured here, with a strong message of friendliness, not just in that smile, but in those eyes. Hope you track her down and give her a printed copy.

Eight entries in all, and what a tough job! Torn between my usual judging techniques-
subjectively-what appeals to me the most-visually and compositionally.
Objectively-what does the image tell me about the photographer-his/her skills, eye and ability to see an opportunity and make the most of it.
And to make matters worse-all qualify on both those scores.
Probably the one that displays the above two standards more pronounced than all the others is that of Tom (Ramseybuckeye) and that almost haunting shot of his cat, despite that it is a bit lopsided on the top and should be straightened. And probably moved to a more rectangular composition too. An excellent photo! Congratulations Tom.
And I am happy to give 2nd spot to all the other entries. Great stuff-I reckon this is what Project 52 is all about- rising to the challenge!

Last edited by noelcmn; 12-23-2014 at 11:32 AM.
Views: 1,537
12-23-2014, 11:55 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Excellent choice, Noel! I actually quite like the effect the microscreen has on the cat/candle/curtain combo. Thanks for judging, and I hope you and everyone get everything you want from Santa this year!
12-23-2014, 05:51 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well done Tom and congratulations on the win.
Thanks Noel for doing the tough job of judging this weeks challenge. Also thanks for the kind words
12-23-2014, 07:37 PM   #4
Veteran Member

congrate to all, and thanks to noel!

12-23-2014, 11:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Congrats Tom and everyone.
Thanks Noel for hosting this challenge for a year and participating in it too.
12-24-2014, 02:41 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Noelcmn,

I didn't use my own light. It was taken in a museum. The museum has plenty of spotlights on their exhibitions.
12-28-2014, 08:16 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks Noel for the first place, and thanks all for the nice comments. I'm sorry to respond so late, I've been busy, but have been to the site and just forgot to check it.