Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 38 Likes Search this Thread

PROJECT 52-6-46- LENSES- My favorite lens
Posted By: noelcmn, 12-28-2014, 01:19 PM

Welcome to PROJECT 52-6 for the year 2014.

PROJECT 52-6-46-Lenses-My favorite lens

Images for Project 52-6-46 are to be taken between the 29th December 2014 and 4th January 2015.

Rules
1. Anyone and everyone interested in the challenge is eligible. The goal continues to be have fun and share comments, concepts, insights, and techniques
with fellow Pentaxians.
2. Each week will feature a Theme and Sub-concept for you to explore.
3. Post your single picture in Project 52-6 thread for the week. Explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly
theme.
4. Some post-processing is OK (adjusting white balance, exposure, color saturation), but let's try to stay away from heavily PP'ed images here. Try to
keep the creativity to photographic techniques and the captures themselves.
5. Since this project is about technique, and not camera, shots taken by non Pentax cameras are allowed.Cameras may be SLRs, DSLRs, Point & Shoot,
Medium Format, et cetera.
6. There is one “Theme Concept” labeled “black and white,” but feel free to post black and white, sepia, monotone, etc., for any of the other themes.
7. The picture you post should be taken during the week in which the theme is active to be eligible for judging.
8. Any picture taken from thread start date to listed closing date is acceptable. You may request to submit a photo outside of the time frame, but its
acceptance is dependent on the judge of the week. Please try and keep to within a day or two (either way) of the week. This is to make allowances for
those that would like to participate, but for one or other reason, are not able to do so during the time given for the challenge, such as illness, weather,
travelling etc.
9. The WINNER of each weekly challenge is the JUDGE of the next week's Project 52-6.
10. The Facilitator (in this case noelcmn) may participate in the challenge, provided he/she is not the judge.
11. Closing date for the challenge is Sunday at midnight in your time zone. Late entries are accepted but subject to the acceptance by the current weeks
Judge.

And the last of Project 52-6-which as I mentioned last week, if we had gone a full 52 weeks, the last stretch would have been lenses-from Macro to zoom and all the in between ones, including a manual lens. In any event, that is not to be, and we will have only one lens challenge in Project 52-6, and that is your favorite lens. One again the subject is quite open, however, it is required that you share with us why this/that lens is your favorite-Bokeh, sharpness, DOF etc. This should be an interesting challenge. The photo I am posting (just so we have an image for the thumbnail) is of the Sigma 70-300 DG Macro, one of my favorite lenses, for the simple reason that it gives me a macro facility. Not the sharpest of lenses, but it has its benefits.

Allow me to wish you all a very blessed 2015, full of happy clicks.

And from here is is over to Scomatic, the facilitator for Project 52-7 for the year 2015. I do want to thank all of you for your participation and your encouragement in keeping this project going. It has been a privilege and a pleasure. And a special thanks to Scomatic for taking on the facilitators challenge, I do look so forward to see what he comes up with.

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/129-weekly-photo-challenges/283388-projec...#ixzz3NE0vuhSL
Views: 2,409
01-03-2015, 01:58 PM - 2 Likes   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My favourite lens is definitely the 18-135.

01-04-2015, 02:49 AM - 2 Likes   #17
Veteran Member

Hi... My favorite and dream lens is Carl Zeiss 50mm F2 ZK Makro-Planar T*... (Borrow from my friend...)
Shooting with my Pentax K-X with setting ƒ/5.6 SS: 1/320 ISO320

This is the picture of victim's life who been hit after Flood Tsunami in Kuala Krai, Kelantan... See their house, see the environment... Some more limitation of government water supply... So sad...

01-04-2015, 01:40 PM - 6 Likes   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Lovely story and documentary shot Scomatic-albeit sad.

My favorite lens is the Sigma 70-300 DG Macro-its the lens that pretty much stays on the camera. Got this on the 1st.
01-04-2015, 08:58 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I will leave this open til morning since I am headed to bed shortly, and it is not midnight yet. I will post the results hopefully tomorrow evening. There is still time for anyone else interested in entering this challenge.

01-05-2015, 05:11 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This challenge is now closed. Results should be up this evening after I return from work
01-05-2015, 06:17 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
I thought about which one was my favorite, and ended up with several days' worth of decisional paralysis. In the end, I took this with my M28/3.5 just because it happened to be the one on the camera at the time.

Happy New Year, everybody.
wow... so many legend lens!!!