Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Winner PROJECT 52-6-46- LENSES- My favorite lens
Posted By: patrick9, 01-05-2015, 06:35 PM

First let me thank Noel for hosting this and giving us a very interesting year.
Next it is great to see some of the folks that have been absent for a while make it back for this weeks challenge. I hope to see you more this coming year.
This was not easy sitting back watching the wonderful entries this week and knowing I was going to have to judge it. Wonderful entries everyone.
Tess-- Your portrait of your pup is very well done . Nice job with the Tammy
Tom-- Enjoy the leading lines taking me thru the shot Good use of the DA* 300
Dorwm --Wow what steady hands nice lunar shot
Arn-- I thought you were doing magic til I read the description. Well done
Mtux ---I like the eye on the frog with all the detail The 100 evidently serves you well
Bill --I noticed a very small DOF. Each time I have gone back I have liked it more. I thinkit worked well here. Now I just have to decided whether it reminds me of a bird or dinosaur more.
Tamia-- I like the sun flare the Sigm produced here
Rollsup --Another 100 put to good use
Norm-- I always enjoy your dog portraits
Scomatic-- Nice shot I wonder what he is thinking.
Noel --I thought there was a lot of blue space til I scrolled down. very nice capture with the moon in the frame
JC -- Nice collection of lenses. Well framed with the pottery

This is hard since all the entries were so close.
3rd goes to Scomatic
2nd to Rolls up
the winner and next weeks judge is Noel and the moon landing

Now on to the next challenge and see what Scomatic has in mind for us
Views: 2,452
01-05-2015, 07:53 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Thank you Noel for an interesting challenge this past week and for your challenges throughout the past year. Thank you, Patrick for your thoughtful comments and for your judging. Congratulations to Noel for your wonderful photo and to Scomatic and RollsUp for your runnersup honors. There were many good photos this past week.

I'm looking forward to what Scomatic may have in store for us over the coming new year.
01-05-2015, 08:15 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations Noel, that's a great photo, really well timed to get that composition right! Congrats also to Rollsup and scomatic. Thanks for the judging job Patrick.
01-05-2015, 08:32 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations Noel.

01-05-2015, 08:50 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations to Noel for an inspired photo. Kudos to Rolls Up and Scomatic for placing, too. Thanks for the comments and judging, Patrick.
01-05-2015, 08:59 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Thanks Patrick for comments and judgment. it should have been a tough job.
And congrats to Noel to closing the P52-6 year with a wonderful capture.
congrats to Rollsup and Scomatic and others for some nice entries this week.
01-05-2015, 09:11 PM   #7
Veteran Member

congrate to the winner of this week and comment provided... New year challenge is up... Let start the engine now~!
I believe this year will have more FUN in challenge...

Anyway... thanks Noel for a year facilitator!

01-05-2015, 10:55 PM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh com'n Patrick- you don't want to start 2015 being on Noel's enemy list. I'll get you back.... in 2016 I can't believe this, Did'nt think I stood a chance with all those fabulous shots! I am honored, thank you Patrick, and all the lovely comments from everyone else! And there I was all excited and waiting for Scomatic to deposit the first challenge for 2015, and now I can't participate. And it's my birthday tomorrow. Life's not fair, when you get unexpected, albeit nice birthday surprises like this! OK enough ranting and raving. Congrats Scomatic and RollsUp. I thought yours had it in the bag RollsUp. I like that photo so much!
01-05-2015, 11:28 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
And it's my birthday tomorrow.
Happy birthday Noel.
01-06-2015, 05:13 AM   #10
smf
Pentaxian

Happy birthday, Noel. Congratulations to the winners. Happy new year and best wishes to all.
01-06-2015, 05:29 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Happy Birthday Noel. Sorry for your win. The K-30 seems to have found a good home in your hands.
I too prefer to participate over judge. It is a WHOLE lot easier
01-06-2015, 06:19 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
And there I was all excited and waiting for Scomatic to deposit the first challenge for 2015, and now I can't participate.

Noel, this is no longer true under Scomatic's new rule:

10. JUDGE may participate the challenge, but the picture of JUDGE will be comment by 2nd and 3rd WINNER, and there is no podium place for JUDGE's picture. *** New Rules ***

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/129-weekly-photo-challenges/284971-projec...#ixzz3O2ybk900
01-06-2015, 06:46 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Congrats everyone, and thanks for playing! See you next time.
01-06-2015, 06:59 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Oh com'n Patrick- you don't want to start 2015 being on Noel's enemy list. I'll get you back.... in 2016 I can't believe this, Did'nt think I stood a chance with all those fabulous shots! I am honored, thank you Patrick, and all the lovely comments from everyone else! And there I was all excited and waiting for Scomatic to deposit the first challenge for 2015, and now I can't participate. And it's my birthday tomorrow. Life's not fair, when you get unexpected, albeit nice birthday surprises like this! OK enough ranting and raving. Congrats Scomatic and RollsUp. I thought yours had it in the bag RollsUp. I like that photo so much!
Noel... New rules... You still ablr partipate the challenge...
01-06-2015, 07:25 AM   #15
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Congrats, and Happy Birthday, Noel, and congrats to Rollsup and scomatic. Patrick, thanks for the work judging.

Last edited by Arn; 01-06-2015 at 07:25 AM. Reason: typo