Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 90 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  
#311 Silhouette
Posted By: Cory Tarilton, 01-14-2015, 12:12 AM

Stoked to win a weekly challenge on this forum. I mainly frequent a ski-lifestyle specific forum that gets a lot traffic but very little talent. It's all about getting people 'stoked' and living vicariously through others so I hope my liked/post count never drops below 1.0, otherwise I'm not doing a good enough job.

Rolling off of last weeks challenge, I've got an idea for a photo that is a combination of long-exposure, self portrait, silhouette, and flash that I want to try and nail down sometime in my life and would surely fit into the realm of 'get more photos published', and the hardest part will be framing the silhouette. So that's what I want you all to work on this week.

I'm currently living on friends couches and in the back of my truck skiing around B.C., Wa, Mt, Id, and Wy. If I haven't given notice that I'll be MIA or replied for 3 days after the challenge ends, RollsUp can pull double duty and pick a winner

Here are a few examples from my portfolio. I love skiing if you can't tell.

This last one is what I mentioned earlier. For a personal goal, I want to apply this concept to snow.

The fine print:

The Challenge will run until midnight next Wed, January 21, PST, USA.

Every week, a new theme is picked and judged by the winner of the previous week.

Rules
1. Post ONE photo (max 1024x1024).
2. The photo must portray an interpretation of the theme.
3. Post your single picture in this thread and explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly theme (especially if it's not obvious).
4. The challenge is interactive. Any response is welcome.
5. The judge will pick the WINNERS and choose one of them to be the judge for the next week.
6. This challenge runs for 7 days plus an additional day for the judge to choose the winners.
7. Any Pentax (or Samsung DSLR) camera can be used.
8. Pictures can be from any time frame, not just within the week of the current theme.
9. In case the winner of a challenge is unable to become the judge for the next challenge, they will PM the #2 winner for that person to be the judge.

Read more at: #310 - New Years Resolutions

Last edited by Cory Tarilton; 01-15-2015 at 11:54 AM.
Views: 8,183
12-23-2016, 07:59 AM - 1 Like   #46
eva
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Winter international street theaterfestival Ana Mraz

12-23-2016, 08:27 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
These weekly challenges are sure getting confusing. This one seems to have been started in January of 2015.
12-23-2016, 11:03 AM   #48
eva
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
These weekly challenges are sure getting confusing. This one seems to have been started in January of 2015.
Topic is right, year certainly does not fit.THX slowpez. I should read more carefully.
12-23-2016, 12:42 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by eva Quote
Topic is right, year certainly does not fit.THX slowpez. I should read more carefully.
Been there, done that. Wish there was a better way to sift through all these similar threads.

Nice shot by the way.