Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread

52-7-03-Architecture-Backyard
Posted By: scomatic, 01-19-2015, 06:51 PM

Welcome to PROJECT 52-7 for the year 2015.

PROJECT 52-7-03-Architecture-Backyard

Images for Project 52-7-03 are to be taken between the 20 January 2015 Tuesday and 26 January 2015.

Rules
1. Anyone and everyone interested in the challenge is eligible. The goal continues to be have fun and share comments, concepts, insights, and techniques
with fellow Pentaxians.
2. Each week will feature a Theme and Sub-concept for you to explore.
3. Post your single picture in Project 52-7 thread for the week. Explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly
theme.
4. Some post-processing is OK (adjusting white balance, exposure, color saturation), but let's try to stay away from heavily PP'ed images here. Try to
keep the creativity to photographic techniques and the captures themselves.
5. Since this project is about technique, and not camera, shots taken by non Pentax cameras are allowed.Cameras may be SLRs, DSLRs, Point & Shoot,
Medium Format, et cetera.
6. There is one “Theme Concept” labeled “black and white,” but feel free to post black and white, sepia, monotone, etc., for any of the other themes.
7. The picture you post should be taken during the week in which the theme is active to be eligible for judging.
8. Any picture taken from thread start date to listed closing date is acceptable. You may request to submit a photo outside of the time frame, but its
acceptance is dependent on the judge of the week. Please try and keep to within a day or two (either way) of the week. This is to make allowances for
those that would like to participate, but for one or other reason, are not able to do so during the time given for the challenge, such as illness, weather,
travelling etc.
9. The WINNER of each weekly challenge is the JUDGE of the next week's Project 52-7
10. JUDGE may participate the challenge, but the picture of JUDGE will be comment by 2nd and 3rd WINNER, and there is no podium place for JUDGE's picture. *** New Rules ***
11. The Facilitator (in this case scomatic) may participate in the challenge, provided he/she is not the judge.
12. Closing date for the challenge is Monday at midnight in your time zone, this will encourage people to snap the picture during weekend and post it up on next days. Late entries are accepted but subject to the acceptance by the current weeks JUDGE. ** Amendment **

JUDGE need to provide either with Option A or Option B or Both AB options criteria when during JUDGEMENT *** New Rules ***:

OPTION A (Just provide 1-10 point on each criteria and average out is the overall point)
Technical criteria
- Exposure Focus/sharpness
- Colour and/or tonal rendition
- Contrast
- Lighting

Visual and aesthetic criteria
- Framing and choice of viewpoint
- Background
- Design elements and principles
- Visual impact

Content
- Emotion / Mood /Feeling
- Relevance

Viewer’s response
- Excitement
- Interest

OPTION B (Good / Bad comment)
Example:
the good: Composition is perfect, I like your lighting. blah blah blah
the bad: I think leveling the horizon would be better, the blown out highlights on top left are distracting to me. blah blah blah.

This week theme are limit to Architecture-backyard. In previous we use home-backyard as theme for the week, but this time we are limited down to architecture of backyard.

Example: from Mtux (2013 photo)

from noel(2013 photo)

But anyway... I'm more happy if participate are having photo more like this:

Have fun! and be careful of fall in the swiming pool ya... haha...
Views: 2,766
01-26-2015, 03:52 PM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
A different interpretation. This is part of a low (perhaps 12 to 18 inches high) wall that my wife and I set around an island of trees in our backyard probably 20 years ago or so. The stones did not have the patina back then that they have since acquired. Although the wall looks natural, it is hand-built which is why I am taking the chance of posting it here. I did manage a photo of the gate to our former garden area, and some views of our back yard (featuring our guardian dragon), some of which I've posted on Flickr. Enough talk...

Taken with my Pentax K-x and SMC Pentax DA 50mm F1.8, ISO 400, f8.0, 1/13 sec.

Last edited by Bill2849; 01-26-2015 at 05:49 PM.
01-27-2015, 06:40 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Patrick... good to hear that you and camera are fine!

Sorry for the lateness... due to my sickness yesterday.

Now... it's officially close, the result will post when i came out from management meeting ya...
01-28-2015, 10:39 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Announcement for the winner here