Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
Winner Project 52 52-7-04-Colour-Black and white
Posted By: patrick9, 02-03-2015, 07:32 PM

I want to thank you all for such interesting B/W submissions. There isn't a bad one in the bunch. It is great seeing 3 new folks take up the challenge. I hope to seemore of all of you here in the coming year. Now for the hard part. My judging criteria is simple. what do I think of each photo, How well does it work as B/W. Is there anything I don't care for or needs improvement. PLEASE remember this is just my opinion for what it is worth.

Jhue02- Nice shot I like the slant you used to help add interest. The only detractor is I wish there was a bit more DOF maybe enough to bring the next row into focus

jcdoss- When I scrolled down to your photo the first time I am just glad I wasn't drinking anything or else my monitor would have been soaked. You took an ordinary item and with a bit of humor made it an interesting photo. Very appropriately named

Tamia- I like the way you stopped motion with a fast shutter speed but with the light on the wings still have a feeling of motion.

TimPGH- Your cityscape works well in B/W You were even able to get some interest in the sky.

Noelcmn - I like you subject matter. It amazes me the talent some graffiti artists have. I would love to see this in color even tho it works well in B/W

Hydrphobiciguana- You took someone's accident and made a piece of art good eye.

GrimWolf- Good job getting the detail in the face and hat in what could have been a very difficult shot with the bright sky in the background.

ramsbuckeye- Getting the snow in the almost silhouette of the bird is nice and helps explain the background. I really like this shot especially with a bit of the bottom removed

Scomatic- Nice job using the docks to pull the eye into the active sky. All the boat motion is a bit distracting

Bill2849- Since this is a friendly challenge I will accept your entry. It is very crisp and clean The blue tone is nice touch.

Now the really hard part choosing a winner from all these excellent entries.

3rd Noelcmn
2nd Tamia
winner and next weeks judge is Hydrophobic

Views: 2,357
02-06-2015, 06:28 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tamia Quote
I think what Scomatic means is that when a new thread is started, to the left of the field for "Thread Title" there's a pull-down menu for "Category." The default on that is "Weekly Challenge," but there are other choices, including "Project 52." That default category caught me out a couple times.
yes.. you are right! Sorry for my poor language...

Patrick - Sorry for miss judge your photo...

for you picture no 1, I saw the photo like the world is gonna to be end soon... and even a little bit feel like we are in world war 2.. Amazing shot!

For picture no 2, i feel nothing special about, just the wording..

02-07-2015, 10:04 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks David "Scomatic" I just wasn't sure what I had done wrong.
I didn't think either of my shots were very good actually. But then for the most part the sky has been like that here all week. The second one I was just playing around to see If I could get a clean shot of it with out a flash and low light hand held and it was just a bit of play on the theme The answer to hand held seems to be no I will need a tripod in those situations . It seems as I have gotten older I am not as steady as I once was. By the sounds of it here, I am an OLD man. But on the up side I am younger than my dad.HAHAHAHA. He turns 80 in a couple of months.
02-07-2015, 07:38 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
Thanks David "Scomatic" I just wasn't sure what I had done wrong.
I didn't think either of my shots were very good actually. But then for the most part the sky has been like that here all week. The second one I was just playing around to see If I could get a clean shot of it with out a flash and low light hand held and it was just a bit of play on the theme The answer to hand held seems to be no I will need a tripod in those situations . It seems as I have gotten older I am not as steady as I once was. By the sounds of it here, I am an OLD man. But on the up side I am younger than my dad.HAHAHAHA. He turns 80 in a couple of months.