Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Winner Project 52 52-7-04-Colour-Black and white
Posted By: patrick9, 02-03-2015, 07:32 PM

I want to thank you all for such interesting B/W submissions. There isn't a bad one in the bunch. It is great seeing 3 new folks take up the challenge. I hope to seemore of all of you here in the coming year. Now for the hard part. My judging criteria is simple. what do I think of each photo, How well does it work as B/W. Is there anything I don't care for or needs improvement. PLEASE remember this is just my opinion for what it is worth.

Jhue02- Nice shot I like the slant you used to help add interest. The only detractor is I wish there was a bit more DOF maybe enough to bring the next row into focus

jcdoss- When I scrolled down to your photo the first time I am just glad I wasn't drinking anything or else my monitor would have been soaked. You took an ordinary item and with a bit of humor made it an interesting photo. Very appropriately named

Tamia- I like the way you stopped motion with a fast shutter speed but with the light on the wings still have a feeling of motion.

TimPGH- Your cityscape works well in B/W You were even able to get some interest in the sky.

Noelcmn - I like you subject matter. It amazes me the talent some graffiti artists have. I would love to see this in color even tho it works well in B/W

Hydrphobiciguana- You took someone's accident and made a piece of art good eye.

GrimWolf- Good job getting the detail in the face and hat in what could have been a very difficult shot with the bright sky in the background.

ramsbuckeye- Getting the snow in the almost silhouette of the bird is nice and helps explain the background. I really like this shot especially with a bit of the bottom removed

Scomatic- Nice job using the docks to pull the eye into the active sky. All the boat motion is a bit distracting

Bill2849- Since this is a friendly challenge I will accept your entry. It is very crisp and clean The blue tone is nice touch.

Now the really hard part choosing a winner from all these excellent entries.

3rd Noelcmn
2nd Tamia
winner and next weeks judge is Hydrophobic

Views: 2,364
02-03-2015, 08:15 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice work judging this week, Patrick. Lots of fantastic entries this time around. Congrats Hydro, and well deserved! Kudos to the top three, Tamia and Noel. Onward and upward, compadres... till next week!
02-03-2015, 08:43 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Lee/Hydrophobic for your well spotted and well done minimalist photo! Congrats to Noel also. You really did a fine work of art with that work of art. Thanks for judging, Patrick, and also for the podium place. I enjoyed all the entries for this challenge. A fine body of work, in my opinion. And it was great to see some new contributers. Keep 'em coming!

Did I miss this week's P52? Scomatic?
02-03-2015, 08:48 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Great job Hydrophobic, congrats.

QuoteOriginally posted by Tamia Quote
Me too!

02-04-2015, 02:20 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Congrats to winner here and Patrick for the comment. New warrior already won this and I'm not even in podium place. Hmmm....

QuoteOriginally posted by Tamia Quote
No... you didn't! Just my fault

---------- Post added 02-04-15 at 05:22 PM ----------

mtux - Where is yours photo again in this week?
02-04-2015, 03:05 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by scomatic Quote
mtux - Where is yours photo again in this week?
Here it is.
02-04-2015, 06:50 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats to all the podium placers.

02-04-2015, 10:53 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats Hydrophobic, way to go- first time entrant and walks away with the prize. That's a fabulous shot, and quite agree with our competent judge on that one. Hang, I almost want to wipe away that milk. Congrats to my fellow podium winner, Tamia. Gratifying to see so many wonderful shots and a few newcomers too! Thanks Patrick for judging this one and for my 3rd spot!
02-04-2015, 05:21 PM   #9
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Awesome, congrats hydrophobic! I was in love with that shot the moment I saw it and knew it was a winner
02-04-2015, 06:28 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mtux Quote
Here it is.
At last..
02-05-2015, 08:03 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Patrick... I noticed you did something wrongly... Our challenge is project 52, while you selected weekly challenge which is another group of challenge.
02-05-2015, 08:10 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congrats Hydrophobic! What a great creative photo!

Well doen Noel & Tamia too!

Thanks for the great challenge Patrick, Once again, very good lot!
02-06-2015, 05:17 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by scomatic Quote
Patrick... I noticed you did something wrongly... Our challenge is project 52, while you selected weekly challenge which is another group of challenge.
I have no idea what you are talking about . I judged the project 52-7 -04 challenge , that everyone entered. I also took my shots ( which were not for judging but for fun)during the appropriate week. The only thing I see is I typed 52 twice in the title. SO sorry
02-06-2015, 08:06 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
I have no idea what you are talking about . I judged the project 52-7 -04 challenge , that everyone entered. I also took my shots ( which were not for judging but for fun)during the appropriate week. The only thing I see is I typed 52 twice in the title. SO sorry
I think what Scomatic means is that when a new thread is started, to the left of the field for "Thread Title" there's a pull-down menu for "Category." The default on that is "Weekly Challenge," but there are other choices, including "Project 52." That default category caught me out a couple times.
02-06-2015, 06:14 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Tamia. I learned something new